Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Survivor 5: Thailand

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 12:28 AM

Who saw the previews? The setting looks beautiful!
I believe it's in the same vicinity as where they had the rock climbing in Amazing Race 1. It's about 1 hour away by boat.

The mosquitos are going to eat them alive there. I would wear lightweight long sleeved tops and lightweight pants the entire time. I spent 6 weeks in that part of the world but not during monsoon season so I would assume it would be worse.

I also agree that MB needs to revamp some of the show. The challenges are getting way too familiar. He needs to juice it up and throw in some different challenges. And the last show where they remember their comrades is so old. It's just a way for them to re-cap to the audience but I am sick of it.

But for all my complaining and whining, I will be excited when the next survivor airs
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 12:30 AM

I've never even seen an episode of Survivor:) But I hear Thailand is a beautiful country.

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 11:42 AM

I can't wait! I very much want to know how they are changing the beginning of the game!
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#4 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 26 May 2002 - 12:30 PM

I'm sorry, but I have no clue what people see in Survivor. The first couple of seasons seemed okay, but it's gotten kinda old. Thailand is a beautiful country, and that would be the only reason I'd even catch a glimpse of Survivor 5.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

#5 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,840 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 26 May 2002 - 03:34 PM

We like to keep guessing who gets kicked off the island every week. We like watching people backstab each other for a million.

In other words, think of it as "Lord of the backstabbin' Fire-flies."
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#6 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 03:43 PM

:lol:.....good one Z'loth

#7 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 05:08 PM

What exactly is Survivor? I've never seen it!

#8 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 26 May 2002 - 09:15 PM

It's where they vote off people and they do gross stunts and try to see who's the strongest and stuff. In all honesty, you aren't missing much, if anything.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

#9 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 09:53 PM

I know, I've been meaning to watch it, but I keep forgetting!

#10 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 09:42 AM

What I want to know is... What happened to the Amazon? I liked the sound of that better than another darn island!!
They are gonna' "island" me to death! I was looking forward to a "jungle" location and now it might be another island...DARNIT!! Oh, well...I'll end up watching it either way, so I should just shut up and be happy that there will be another Survivor!! :)

Well, at least the scenery should be interesting in this one, if they are in Thailand. This is the same set of 5 islands that "The Beach" (starring Leo DiCaprio) was shot on.

Personally, I'd like to see them tackle someplace cold. Maybe a "Survivor: Michigan's Upper Peninsula, eh?"

They could all get hunting rifles for reward challenges, and practice the UP profession of off-season hunting.

#11 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 10:35 AM

If survivor is what I understand it is, it should be set up in northern Alaska:)

#12 OFFLINE   Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP

Icon

• Registered
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 04:27 PM

At one time, the producers of Survivor did consider using an island in the remote regions of Canada's Northern Territories, but there would have been no 20 year old contestants parading around in bikinis, so the idea was scrapped.

-Lyle J.P.

#13 OFFLINE   timf

timf

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 05:54 PM

I would like to see a cold weather Survivor too, but it would probably be the end to Survivor if they tried it - at least as far as ratings are concerned. Africa proved that the beach/tropical setting is what people want to see.

spam firewall