Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR10-250 Switching Formats Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shagman

shagman

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 08:32 PM

I recently bought the HR10-250 unit and I am wondering if this is normal behavoir. When I am watching ESPN HD or some of the other channels, it will change the lines of resolution or just reset the current resolution. I'm not sure how to explain what is happening, but it is acting as if I have just switched formats or switched video inputs. Is this normal behavoir for the HR10-250?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,973 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:06 AM

I recently bought the HR10-250 unit and I am wondering if this is normal behavoir. When I am watching ESPN HD or some of the other channels, it will change the lines of resolution or just reset the current resolution. I'm not sure how to explain what is happening, but it is acting as if I have just switched formats or switched video inputs. Is this normal behavoir for the HR10-250?

Sorry but I don't understand what you're trying to explain the problem. I can say when I switch resolutions on my HR10-250 my set blanks out the screen for a few seconds while it resets which is normal operation.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   shagman

shagman

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 02:07 PM

It does that, but I'm not initiating the change. It isn't actually changing, just acting like I changed formats. I have a Sony 61" and when it detects a change in format, the "Video 5", which is my component in video port, shows up on the top and the format "1080i" shows up on the bottom, like I have changed formats.

#4 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,973 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 07 September 2004 - 03:36 PM

OK, I don't have a diagnostic tool to verify it but I don't think stations are always changing between 480i/480p/720p/1080i. The source material maybe of different formats but the stations always transmitting at the same rate and just doing a conversion to make the source match the transmission rate. Could it be that you're just loosing the signal, for some reason, and when it comes back on your set is showing the format?

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#5 OFFLINE   shagman

shagman

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:59 PM

I suppose that is possible. The biggest reason I am concerned is because I ordered the unit from rapid satelitte and when it came, the box was dented. The dent was away from the unit, but who knows what happened to it.

#6 OFFLINE   forum junkie

forum junkie

AllStar

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:32 AM

If you have a Sony (53HS10-53XBR300-61HS10-61XBR300) built prior to July 2000, the A-board is the problem. Sony has known about this since Oct. 2001.
Some have been able to modify their boards per service bulletin #442R3 to cure the problem. I spent 3 hours and went through 3 levels of Sony support to no avail. They tell me it is my fault for not testing the video 5 intput before the warranty expired. My attempt to modify the board failed and I now have a new A-board ordered. They are easily changed once you figure out where everything is attached. Newest ver. of the A-board is ( A-1299-309-A ) Sold at Best Buy for $800 but at Sears for $358. Guess where mine is comming from ?

#7 OFFLINE   shagman

shagman

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:42 AM

So you are having the same issue as I have described? I haven't used the 1080i setting before, but I have used 720 with no problems from my DVD player and XBox....

spam firewall