Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Who plans on buying a 721?
Posted 19 January 2002 - 02:25 PM
I am !!
As long as it isn't to pricey !!
Posted 19 January 2002 - 05:14 PM
I'm going to be looking into them (assuming I haven't switched to a DirecTivo by then). If the price is right, I will get at least one.
Posted 19 January 2002 - 07:58 PM
I have one on order from dishdepot.com and will end up buying it.
However I REALLY want a MOXI unit!
Posted 19 January 2002 - 08:10 PM
I was thinking about it but Ill probably end up with a 501, Ill be working 3 days next week since Ill have next week off from school and that should give me enough for a 501.
Posted 20 January 2002 - 10:32 AM
Steve, maybe the 501 price will drop when the 721 comes out?
Posted 20 January 2002 - 11:53 AM
Thats what Im hoping for, DishDepot has the 501 for $329 w/free shipping, I should make about $240 next week (after taxes, SS and all that other crap) and I already have a bunch of many saved up. Ill wait for the 721 to makes its debute before I buy the 501. I wish the 508 would be cheaper then $499, I would love the bigger HD but I cant see paying an extra $170 for just a larger HD plus a 501 would be a lot better then my current 2800.
Posted 30 January 2002 - 01:32 PM
I'll wait till after the Tech chat and then i'll probably put the preoder in at Dish Depot for the 721.
Posted 30 January 2002 - 06:55 PM
And hopefully this tech chat will have useful information, I already have a TV
Posted 30 January 2002 - 07:58 PM
Can't you get the 501 for $199 with AT150 and CC auto pay?
Posted 30 January 2002 - 08:17 PM
The special ends tommorrow, but I just found out yesterday that A friend of a friend works at Sears and can get me the 501 for cheaper then that, I should have my 501 on Feb 16 Cant wait, to say buhbye to my 2800.
Posted 04 February 2002 - 06:42 PM
I wouldn't pay a dime for it! Now if they would offer it as a trade in for my DP with no questions asked (as they should do if they're such a great 'customer service' company)
Posted 08 February 2002 - 12:06 PM
Hi Harry, Must be a frustrating time for you Dishplayer people, Dish Network is testing everyones patience with this unit at the moment.
Posted 12 February 2002 - 11:50 AM
Even after the Tech chat last night, we still don't know price and when it's going to be made available.
I've decided to buy a 721, here are a few of my questions?
1. What will be included with the 721?
At a rumored price of $500.00, I would expect they come out and put it in.
2. If you were me , would you just go ahead and preorder, or wait till they are made available ?
Posted 12 February 2002 - 11:53 AM
From my latest info the price will be $499 and an upgrade path from an older receiver like the DP or the 501 will not be made available until a few months after the release of the 721.
Posted 12 February 2002 - 12:09 PM
I believe these stories came out of CES but I am not sure. That certainly seems to be the common rumor.
Posted 12 February 2002 - 02:11 PM
Steve, the $199 offer has been extended if you still want it cheap. Don't know your current programming level, but for $41/month, it's a good deal.
Posted 13 February 2002 - 11:29 AM
FYI : I sent a email to Mark at Dish Depot, he has a Dish Tech. meeting scheduled to go to in April and said that when he expects the 721 to be released.
Posted 13 February 2002 - 11:59 AM
Ahh April, the Big Team Summit meeting at Disney World in Orlando Florida.
A friend who is an installer asked me if I wanted to go, but I didnt have the money so said no thanks.
Looks like a lot of fun, a big party with the B-52's.
Posted 13 February 2002 - 01:17 PM
My current bill is $51 so I meet that requirement, but it looks like I will get a 721 afterall.
Posted 13 February 2002 - 05:58 PM
I am actually looking forward to getting my 721 (so I can throw my Dishplayer out the Window!)
I am sure the price will be around $499. The question is how much will the 721 Keyboard cost. I am sure I will want one of those too.
Posted 18 February 2002 - 10:29 AM
If I can upgrade my 501, sure. If not, I'll never convince the wife.
Posted 18 February 2002 - 12:17 PM
Neilster, I have a 501 also, I can't say my wife is happy about it either, but she knows how bad I want the 2 tuner.
Maybe I can sell the 501 or my 4900 to make up some of the difference at the time.
Chris Blount replied above:From my latest info the price will be $499 and an upgrade path from an older receiver like the DP or the 501 will not be made available until a few months after the release of the 721.
I wasn't around when the 501 came out to know how long it took Dish to offer an upgrade path.
Posted 18 February 2002 - 08:29 PM
As I recall, it was about 6 months before Dish offered the 501 for $199 to existing customers if they upgraded to AT150 and CC autopay.
Posted 19 February 2002 - 05:25 AM
Thanks Mark, I've been wondering about that.
I love my 501 so much that I'm afraid I can't wait 6 months.
I really want the 2 tuners.
Posted 21 February 2002 - 05:42 PM
I won't touch it with a 10' pole till it's proven to be more stable than the 501. I will not be a Guinea Pig for Charlie's Beta testing program.