Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Who plans on buying a 721?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2002 - 02:25 PM

I am !! :)
As long as it isn't to pricey !!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2002 - 05:14 PM

I'm going to be looking into them (assuming I haven't switched to a DirecTivo by then). If the price is right, I will get at least one.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2002 - 07:58 PM

I have one on order from dishdepot.com and will end up buying it.

However I REALLY want a MOXI unit!

Scott

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2002 - 08:10 PM

I was thinking about it but Ill probably end up with a 501, Ill be working 3 days next week since Ill have next week off from school and that should give me enough for a 501.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2002 - 10:32 AM

Steve, maybe the 501 price will drop when the 721 comes out?

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2002 - 11:53 AM

Thats what Im hoping for, DishDepot has the 501 for $329 w/free shipping, I should make about $240 next week (after taxes, SS and all that other crap) and I already have a bunch of many saved up. Ill wait for the 721 to makes its debute before I buy the 501. I wish the 508 would be cheaper then $499, I would love the bigger HD but I cant see paying an extra $170 for just a larger HD plus a 501 would be a lot better then my current 2800. :)

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2002 - 01:32 PM

I'll wait till after the Tech chat and then i'll probably put the preoder in at Dish Depot for the 721.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2002 - 06:55 PM

And hopefully this tech chat will have useful information, I already have a TV :P

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2002 - 07:58 PM

Steve,

Can't you get the 501 for $199 with AT150 and CC auto pay?

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2002 - 08:17 PM

The special ends tommorrow, but I just found out yesterday that A friend of a friend works at Sears and can get me the 501 for cheaper then that, I should have my 501 on Feb 16 :) Cant wait, to say buhbye to my 2800.

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2002 - 06:42 PM

I wouldn't pay a dime for it! Now if they would offer it as a trade in for my DP with no questions asked (as they should do if they're such a great 'customer service' company)

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2002 - 12:06 PM

Hi Harry, Must be a frustrating time for you Dishplayer people, Dish Network is testing everyones patience with this unit at the moment. :(

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2002 - 11:50 AM

Even after the Tech chat last night, we still don't know price and when it's going to be made available. :(

I've decided to buy a 721, here are a few of my questions?

1. What will be included with the 721?
Keyboard?
Installation?
Switches?
At a rumored price of $500.00, I would expect they come out and put it in.

2. If you were me , would you just go ahead and preorder, or wait till they are made available ?

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2002 - 11:53 AM

From my latest info the price will be $499 and an upgrade path from an older receiver like the DP or the 501 will not be made available until a few months after the release of the 721.

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2002 - 12:09 PM

I believe these stories came out of CES but I am not sure. That certainly seems to be the common rumor.

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2002 - 02:11 PM

Steve, the $199 offer has been extended if you still want it cheap. Don't know your current programming level, but for $41/month, it's a good deal.

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2002 - 11:29 AM

FYI : I sent a email to Mark at Dish Depot, he has a Dish Tech. meeting scheduled to go to in April and said that when he expects the 721 to be released.

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2002 - 11:59 AM

Ahh April, the Big Team Summit meeting at Disney World in Orlando Florida.

A friend who is an installer asked me if I wanted to go, but I didnt have the money so said no thanks.

Looks like a lot of fun, a big party with the B-52's.

Scott

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2002 - 01:17 PM

My current bill is $51 so I meet that requirement, but it looks like I will get a 721 afterall.

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2002 - 05:58 PM

I am actually looking forward to getting my 721 (so I can throw my Dishplayer out the Window!)

I am sure the price will be around $499. The question is how much will the 721 Keyboard cost. I am sure I will want one of those too.

Scott

Protected By... spam firewall...And...