Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

DP Guide Download Time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2002 - 11:42 AM

I ahve been hearing confliciting stories on when the guide downloads. I realize it may vary by time zone and other variables.

I live in the Eastern time Zone and get it at 3 AM. Any other reports?

BTW this is just curiosity.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2002 - 12:06 PM

Mine always comes down at 3AM in the central time zone. I do have a theory though. All night long every hour, the hard drives on both of my DP's spin up and then spin right back down again. It's as if Dish is checking to see if a current guide is on the hard drive. If it's before 3AM, it waites until 3AM to download. If it's after 3AM, it reads a current guide and does not download. If this is the case, then everyone should be getting their guide at 3AM no matter which time zone they are in.

Just my theory though.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2002 - 08:25 PM

Assuming your system is working, it will download at 3AM in the time zone your service address is (this will usually be your house, and therefore, your time zone)

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 07:05 AM

Thanks some people in certain time zones claim it happens at other times

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 08:58 AM

Are they by any chance lying about their service address to get locals from another town?

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 04:56 PM

Could be Mr. Bear. But some claim that in the Pacific zone in particular it happens at 2 AM. I do not know. Just curious.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2002 - 11:46 PM

I'm in the Pacific Time Zone and once daylight savings time ended it changed from 3 AM to 2 AM, which is annoying as I'm often still up at 2, but often asleep by 3 AM.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2002 - 04:03 PM

OK So 3 Am everywhere but in the west right?

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2002 - 10:27 PM

I live in the west, Wa., and I get
the TV guide at various times.
Sometimes after 1, 2am and 3am.
Never know when to expect it, real
bummer!!!! Jim

Protected By... spam firewall...And...