Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HDTV | What is the cheapest way with my setup?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SRT4B

SRT4B

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:43 PM

This is my TV:

Sony 57" Widescreen HD-Ready Rear-Projection TV w/ DVI Input & 2-Tuner PIP - Silver

Model: KP57WS510

Bring that home theater experience into focus with the knock-your-socks-off clarity of this big Sony 57" widescreen HD-ready TV. Capable of 1080i high-def display, this rear-projection TV also features DRC circuitry that upgrades 480i signals to 480p or 960i for enhanced definition and sharpness even from standard signals. And the TwinView 2-tuner picture-in-picture can split the screen into two equal halves for monitoring 2 shows or events at once.

Learn more about HDTV.

HD-ready: Fully capable of high-definition display when connected to an optional HDTV source. Conventional analog TV reception is provided via a built-in NTSC tuner.

Progressive scanning maximizes the picture quality of progressive-scan DVD players, set-top boxes and digital video recorders

Learn more about creating the ultimate surround sound home theater by pairing this Sony Digital TV with a Sony DVD Dream System

http://www.bestbuy.c...29&type=product

I currently have a four room setup with a 522 on my TV.

I have looked at an antenna, but it looks like my TV does not have a HD tuner, it is just HD Ready.

Is my only option paying an extra 15$ a month to E* & buying a 811 or 921 for 500-1000?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,784 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:32 AM

If you want to stay with E* then the 811 and 921 are the only options available now, unless you find a 6000+8PSK+8VSB box on E-Bay or something, sorry.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   dhomoney

dhomoney

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 11:52 AM

This is my TV:

Sony 57" Widescreen HD-Ready Rear-Projection TV w/ DVI Input & 2-Tuner PIP - Silver

Model: KP57WS510

Bring that home theater experience into focus with the knock-your-socks-off clarity of this big Sony 57" widescreen HD-ready TV. Capable of 1080i high-def display, this rear-projection TV also features DRC circuitry that upgrades 480i signals to 480p or 960i for enhanced definition and sharpness even from standard signals. And the TwinView 2-tuner picture-in-picture can split the screen into two equal halves for monitoring 2 shows or events at once.

Learn more about HDTV.

HD-ready: Fully capable of high-definition display when connected to an optional HDTV source. Conventional analog TV reception is provided via a built-in NTSC tuner.

Progressive scanning maximizes the picture quality of progressive-scan DVD players, set-top boxes and digital video recorders

Learn more about creating the ultimate surround sound home theater by pairing this Sony Digital TV with a Sony DVD Dream System

http://www.bestbuy.c...29&type=product

I currently have a four room setup with a 522 on my TV.

I have looked at an antenna, but it looks like my TV does not have a HD tuner, it is just HD Ready.

Is my only option paying an extra 15$ a month to E* & buying a 811 or 921 for 500-1000?

Thanks!

Not knowing where you live, you could by from walmart the USDigital receiver and then buy the RCA 1200 series antenna and you should be all set to receive OTA HD.

spam firewall