Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Throwbot runs away to this thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Throwbot

Throwbot

Legend

• Registered
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 06:50 PM

Er , Hello
Just got a new HD Tivo . Posted my thoughts about it on the 921 page and now I’m in hiding! Need to find a safe place to hang out, those poor folks who bought the 921 don’t seem to like the Tivoers.
Good God they are so single minded that if you told them that Halle Berry was in fact a man. A huge Cuban man with a beard like a rhododendron bush. They’d all agree!
This Tivo Machine is pretty darn awesome if you ask me.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:43 PM

I know what you mean. The 921'ers are pretty passionate. That's okay though. This is fairly safe refuge so gloat all you want about having an HD Tivo. We like to hear it. :)

#3 OFFLINE   marko

marko

Godfather

• Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:23 PM

lol, you go into a dish forum and bash the 921 giving the appearance you own one, yet you don't even own one. and you think the 921 owners have a problem?

#4 OFFLINE   moviegoerman

moviegoerman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:30 PM

You have to be passionate when you've spent $1000 for a box that doesn't work and you can't afford to get out of the situation... a.k.a. Cornered by Charlie, Between a rock and a 921, Too many other Receiviers to switch, etc.

That's okay... I love to be just as passionate about my 921 that doesn't work and my 10-250 that does work in the other forum... :) I know I've managed to touch some people into reality and bring them out of the delusioned haze.
-Brian (Marietta, GA)
DirecTV Tivo HR10-250 DVR
DishNetwork 921 DVR - L211HECD-N, 140B, F052
DishNetwork 721 PVR
Channel Master 4228 8-Bay Bow Antenna
Samsung HLM5065 50" DLP
Samsung 931 1080i DVD Player
Onkyo TX-600-SR601 w/ Polk 5.1 Speakers

#5 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:43 PM

You may want to check out the TiVo Community's HDTiVo forum.
http://www.tivocommu...p?s=&forumid=36

Edit to add: I see that the posters to this thread most likely already know about the TiVo Community. So this note is for those that don't know. :)
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

spam firewall