Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBCE(HD) Recieved but not working for Season Passes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ImmerTech

ImmerTech

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:23 AM

Has anybody had any trouble setting season passes to record on NBCE(HD). I have a few NBC shows I Tivo. So I setup a season pass to record these shows on NBCE(HD). When I went to my To Do list none of the shows were listed. So I went back to the season pass itself to "View Upcoming Episodes". When I did I noticed that the programs I wanted to record were listed on my locals but not on the NBCE(HD) channel. I went back and made sure that NBCE(HD) was listed in my "Channels I Receive" list and sure enough it was checked as it should have been. Then as a last resort I went to "Record by Time or by Channel" and looked for the shows I wanted to tape, in this case ER last night. Sure enough ER was listed and I was able to select it and record it.

So it looks like Season Pass is not working for NBCE(HD) for me, only one off recordings are working. I should point out that I ran a similar test after the Software upgrade last night and had the same problem.

Any thoughts??

- ImmerTech

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Tusk

Tusk

Back in the Game

• Gold Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:32 AM

I had setup season passes for NBCHD, but after the software update, the channel name had changed so I I had to delete all of my old SP's for NBCHD and reset them in order for them to find the programming. Might try that. Otherwise, I can't help.

#3 OFFLINE   Elryzor

Elryzor

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:29 PM

I also had issues with season passes on a lot of channels.

Check your season pass list. Part of my problem was that I had CBS local higher in the season pass list than I did CBS HD. So, the local channel (SD) broadcast was scheduled for recording instead of the HD broadcast. When I canceled the local channel recording in the "To Do" list, the TiVo did not automatically add the HD recording.

However, I also noticed that in every case where "Season Premier" was listed, the HR10-250 did NOT schedule that episode for recording. We missed Cold Case, CSI:Miami and NCIS because of that. I had to manually add every episode that showed up as "season premier". "Premier" and "First Run" and any other guide data entry worked except for "Season Premier".

#4 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:57 PM

I am having a some what opposite situation happen with NBCWHD. MY Season Pass records first run and repeats even though I have the NBC programs set to first run only.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
Soon to be Hopper/Joey System
PS3
Wii

#5 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:13 PM

However, I also noticed that in every case where "Season Premier" was listed, the HR10-250 did NOT schedule that episode for recording. We missed Cold Case, CSI:Miami and NCIS because of that. I had to manually add every episode that showed up as "season premier". "Premier" and "First Run" and any other guide data entry worked except for "Season Premier".

Two things I did notice. The first may not affect what you set on your HR10-250, but last season NCIS was Navy NCIS. I had a season pass for Navy NCIS on my standard D*DVR, but it did not pick up this season's shows because of the name change (dropping "Navy"). Luckily I figured that out before I missed anything.

The second was as I was doing a Keyword Wish list (different than a Season Pass so this may not apply either, but it may explain if you were going the Wish List route). I set a Wish List for "Pilot". There are a number of programs whose first episode is simply named "Pilot" and these picked up just fine. I also set one up for "Premiere" and "Season Premiere" (all without the quotes). Since it was not a word(s) in the actual title or program description for the show, it did not pick those up. Season Premiere was a notation for the program the same as "HDTV", "Action/Adventure" or "CC" are following the program description. I'm assuming that's why my Wish List did not pick those up. I was fortunate enough to catch that before missing anything, too.

Don't know if that helps you or anyone else. Just an observation.

Mike

#6 OFFLINE   CAL7

CAL7

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:11 PM

Is it possible to change only the channel on a season pass (leave all other parameters the same)? This would be particularly useful when D* adds new network HD channels.

#7 OFFLINE   ImmerTech

ImmerTech

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 67 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale

Posted 14 October 2004 - 10:17 PM

Is it possible to change only the channel on a season pass (leave all other parameters the same)? This would be particularly useful when D* adds new network HD channels.

I have not found a way. You can change just about everything else, but the channel.

- ImmerTech

Protected By... spam firewall...And...