Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can't add to favorites list after trying to add OTA channels

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   joni

joni

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:45 AM

We have a 921 software L188. My husband tried to add OTA channels to our favorites list (which didn't work) and now we can't add any channels to any of our favorites list. If you add them they just never show up in the list.
We also seem to have the problem that the info button information does not match what is playing if you select that while viewing a program. It is correct however if you use the guide button and then info. This issue was fixed with L188 upgrade but appears to be back to not giving the correct information this a.m.
Has anyone else experienced these problems? I searched on the forums and did not see these issues listed. Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:01 AM

If the bad Info is on a OTA channel, that makes sense - because there isn't any - this is a known problem.

Lots of known problems with favorites lists - especially OTA.

Dunno why your searches didn't find the threads on them - they do exist.
"I agreed with Bogy thrice in 5353 posts. That means he's wrong 99.94% of the time."
----------
DishDVR 921, B: 120B, F: F051, V: L211HECD-N@04-Dec-07, L212@05-Mar-01, L213@Apr-01, L215@Jun-29, L216@Jul-23, L218@Jul-28, L219@Aug-11, L270@Sep-14, L272@Oct-28, L273@Dec-08, L274@Mar-08, L275@Mar-23, L276HECD-N@06-Mar-31.
DP-Twin=110/119, DP Single=148, into a DP34, DP Dual=61.5, into DP21s to add 61.5

#3 OFFLINE   joni

joni

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:41 AM

You are correct I did see threads on favorites and OTA but not any that dealt with the any other favorites list not retaining any changes to them after an attempt to add an OTA to a different favorites list. Thanks for your response.

#4 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 04:20 PM

joni - the next version will resolve a lot of the L188 problems with the favorites lists.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#5 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:15 AM

We have a 921 software L188. My husband tried to add OTA channels to our favorites list (which didn't work) and now we can't add any channels to any of our favorites list. If you add them they just never show up in the list.
We also seem to have the problem that the info button information does not match what is playing if you select that while viewing a program. It is correct however if you use the guide button and then info. This issue was fixed with L188 upgrade but appears to be back to not giving the correct information this a.m.
Has anyone else experienced these problems? I searched on the forums and did not see these issues listed. Thanks!

Yes, last night while watching "Clubhouse" on the local CBS OTA station, I pressed "Info" and got the "Presidentail Debate" and it indicated the date as 9/30/04 which is the correct time of the debate but it was 9/26/04? It also listed it as the ABC satellite station (not the OTA ABC station) even though I was watching the CBS OTA station (KRQE). Very odd?

#6 OFFLINE   mikehd

mikehd

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:42 AM

Ok, so I'm not going crazy...

I've experienced the same problem with trying to add OTA to a favorites list. Just won't stick. Also the mismatched Info displayed while viewing a program, but will be correct in the guide.

L189 where are you???

#7 OFFLINE   KKlare

KKlare

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:06 PM

OTA channels sort of stick. They are in the up-down channel selection, just not in the guide for your favorites. You could have an 811 where if the channel is not in the current guide, you cannot select it by number.

BTW, you can just enter 07 to get 007-01 if you have not analogs. How long will that stay?

#8 OFFLINE   mikehd

mikehd

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:13 PM

Yeah, they show up in the ALL list, but can not be added to a custom favorites. Will this be addressed in L189?

I have a few analog stations added, but I'll try the direct entry to see if it will go to the OTA DTV station that I get (Oregon Public Broadcasting).

#9 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:23 PM

Yes.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

Protected By... spam firewall...And...