Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

DP 7225000 vs 32768

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2002 - 06:09 PM

Which one is "better " in the era of expanded locals blues?

Which one fixes problems?

Which one has fewer side effects?

Which one makes you curse less?

I posted about the same question in the other place.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2002 - 08:36 PM

I have found that most problems are caused by a corrupt guide so usually the 7225000 does the trick. However, I have also found that the DP is almost like Windows. Every once in a while you have to erase the hard drive and do a clean install. The code 8675309 is the one to use in that case.

I have tried 32768 a few times but discovered it really doesn't do much and if I'm going go that far, I might as well do the 8675309. IMHO

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2002 - 09:09 PM

Every once in a while you have to erase the hard drive and do a clean install. The code 8675309 is the one to use in that case.

cblount ?

Are you saying that using the 8675309 code, wipes out the HD, which will loose your timers, recordings, favorites, and will have to download the web tv base software via phone?

Later Rod

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 06:30 AM

Basically yes. It starts you off from scratch just like when you install a new hard drive.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2002 - 01:09 AM

Actually, it didn't always erase your recordings. When the v5709 upgrade came along, they did not install it onto the WebTV servers. Instead, when the DP completes the telephone download and installs, it is installing v5613, which does not understand the v5709 filesystem changes and dumps all of your recordings and rebuilds a v5613 filesystem.

When that completes, the DP immediately downloads v5709 again from the satellite, but your recordings are still gone.

--jbuff

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2002 - 08:18 AM

Forgive me jbuff but what is the icon you have posted next to your name? I can't quite make it out.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2002 - 10:17 PM

Is it good to erase the Hard drive once in awhile? If so why , and what will I have to reload ie. Favs etc.? That number sounds like a song from the 60's. or was that beechwood 45789?

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2002 - 10:27 PM

It is a drawing of me at my monitor. Unfortuneately, it did not reduce well. See the full size cartoon at www.echostaruser.org/euo

--jbuff

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2002 - 05:20 AM

Actually it's affectionately called the "Jenny Code". It's in a song from the 80's.

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2002 - 07:44 AM

You know I heard that song at a "pizzeria Uno" the other night and started to laugh. Everyone thought I was crazy. And maybe I am.

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2002 - 10:18 AM

What is a good reason or time to enable this code? And what should one expect to see after the code is done? Thanks. ....Dave.....

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2002 - 03:47 PM

IMHO, A good time to enable the code is when you have un-explained problems with your DP. What you do is you check with these forums first to see if anyone else is having the same types of problems you are having at the same time. If you see that everyone else is running smoothly, the next step would be to try a 7225000 which would download a new guide. If that doesn't help then a 32768 would be in order.

If you are still having problems, an 8675309 would be the last resort but only if, through trial and error, the other codes don't work over a period of a few days. Remeber that the "Jenny" code erases everything from the hard drive and starts you off from scratch just like when you first turned on the DP. All of your settings, timers and recordings will be gone.

The good news is you shouldn't have to call Dish and re-hit the receiver with your subscription info. The smart card should do that for you.

The previous procedure is only what I have found through my findings with the DP. Your mileage may vary.

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2002 - 09:45 AM

Chris,
Thank you, I have had very little problems with my Dishplayer 7100 ( 3 years old ), so I am not willing to just punch in code unless I may have good reason! Thanks Again ..Dave...

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 08:21 AM

And again try a simple switch check or playing a game. All of these codes are destructive in some way. 7225000 downloads a 44 hour guide. 32768 erases locks, passwords, channels that don't displat etc.

And the Jenny code pretty much takes you back to square one!

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 12:53 PM

You are right about that Geronimo. I forgot to include the switch test. That would come before doing the 7225000.

spam firewall