Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

What is Wrong with Dishplayer EPGS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2002 - 07:36 AM

The last two nights I received a 44 hour guide not a 7 day one. Does anyone know what is going on?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2002 - 07:43 AM

I noticed I had a 44 hour EPG yesterday but I didn't check it this morning.

FOLLOW UP: I have just sent an e-mail to my contacts at Dish about the EPG problem. Will let you know what response I get.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2002 - 09:09 AM

44 Hour Guide here as well...

But all my shows have been recording. :)

Scott

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2002 - 06:39 AM

It's Saturday morning and still the same thing. As like yesterday, I had to re-download the 44 hour guide just to get stability back. This is getting real old.

Still no reply from Dish about what is going on. I will bug them some more.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2002 - 12:32 PM

both ofmy dps are doing the same thing. guide is 2 day and messing up recordings, going to home gets instant downloading guide, etc.....

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2002 - 09:28 AM

Sounds like the DishPlayer has been testing everyones patience.:(

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2002 - 01:56 PM

Dish was saying that the 3 am download would fix it. Today they have no forecast.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2002 - 06:09 AM

Well, this morning was rather interesting. One DP (7100)turned on for the 3AM download and never turned itself off. I turned on the TV to see what was going on and it showed the home screen with the message to select the listing to download the guide. The weird thing is that the other DP (7200) received the full 7-day guide and seems to be acting normal. Another interesting night for the Displayer.

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2002 - 04:39 PM

Well, I spoke too soon about the 7200. I turned it on this afternoon and all of the timers are gone! The 7-day guide is also corrupted to the point where I had to do a 7225000 code to download the 48 hour guide.

Excuse my french but WHAT A PIECE OF ****!!! (Can you tell I'm upset?)

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2002 - 06:36 PM

This thing is trying my freggin patience. I got the 7 day guide today, but the 'NO INFORMATION' info when I pause...

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2002 - 07:59 PM

Mine has been screwed up since Wednesday, I had a 3 week run with no problems !!

My guide and favorites are gone tonight, they were there last night!

Used the 7225000, and the 32768 twice in last 7 days, favorites were there when I went to bed.

Later Rod

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 07:21 AM

I should have checked b4 leaving the house.

But in the other forum some are saying that the guide and favorites lists are corrupted. Some have only 5 days of listings. What is your experience?

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 07:39 AM

This morning I looked at my 7200 and it had a full 7 day guide. Will see if it decides to record anything today.

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2002 - 07:28 AM

CSR admitted theres a problem and they are working on it. I suggested the following fix, its permanent and guaranteed:)

Throw DP out of high window, find and smash with sledge hammer, using lots of gasoline set on fire and watch it burn, then deposit in trash can for safe keeping.... till garbage man takes it away.......

I believe theres a upgrade path coming, because it costs themn too much to support this beast......

Just THINK of the call center volume it generates:(

E OWES it to their subs who have stuck with them to take care of this once and for all......

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2002 - 07:40 AM

I agree Bob and by the way, my DP didn't record a thing yesterday. No big surprise.

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2002 - 07:30 AM

Probably not but just wondering

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2002 - 12:52 PM

Here is the reply I received from Charlie's office about the recent problems with the DP:

Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry and I apologize for the delay in reply. There was a software download issue that resulted in the EPG issue. It has been resolved and it is my understanding that it's back up to a 7 day guide and functioning properly. I appreciate your patience!

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2002 - 06:36 AM

Well, I guess my contact was correct. Things have been running pretty smoothly for the past few days. At first I was having trouble with both DP's after the supposed "fix" but after unplugging them for 30 seconds, everything came back up fine. I guess they needed a hard reset to clear out any residual problems. Hopefully we are all out of the woods at least for now.

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2002 - 06:42 AM

I have been receiving the guide but today I needed to do a switch check to gget rid of the No info bug. A 30 second unplug, pulling the smart card etc did not work.

Friday night I ahd the same thing but needed the 32768 code.

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2002 - 10:20 AM

Guide appears better but blackout city for me with sound synch problems.....:(

spam firewall