Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD10-250/sony 36xbr800 wega 4x3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jtseltmann

jtseltmann

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 06:33 AM

I just have a few simple questions about the output settings with my 4x3 CRT tv's (fabulous picture!...though it is not widescreen...). It does accept all inputs the HD10 can send (via the HDMI to DVI connection I am using). My question is this...as I cycle through the various settings...i see the 720p and 1080i both show in 16x9 format but the picture is distorted(stretched). Is this because the program I am watching is broadcast in 4x3? I thought this unit was good because you could upconvert signals and see improvement over the regular sd broadcasts? Then I figured if I found a letterbox broadcast and switched to 720p it would look right but that broadcast still looked stretched. Can someone set me straight? I know it has been asked before but what am I missing?? (PS I don't have the HD content yet...coming in a few days so I just hooked up the new reciever first and am I only capable of SD broadcasts now.)

I would appreciate a good explanation of how do use this better with the 4x3 tv I have...thanks all for the great information in this forum.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall