Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

FOX HD Starts Tuesday

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stevendsnyder

stevendsnyder

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,OH

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:33 PM

I just noticed that the Directv website program guide shows FOXHD E and FOXHD W as channels 86 & 87 starting on Tuesday, 10/12. Looks like they are keeping thier word to get them added for the baseball playoffs.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 920 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:51 PM

You should of said in the subject line

FOX BREAKING NEWS ALERT for FOX in HD

Yeaaa I cant wait.

Anyone have a current list of Owned and Operated?

The list on the News Corp site is outed data.

Minneapolis was recent bought buy fox corp, even says they are an O&O on there web site.

There may be others recently purchased?

#3 OFFLINE   BFG

BFG

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:12 PM

Yeah, I really like Fox's O&O list. It's really varied and has a lot of other unique markets, unlike CBS and NBC.

WAGA-5: Atlanta
KTBC-7: Austin
WBRC-6: Birmingham
WFXT-25: Boston
WFLD-32: Chicago
WJW-8: Cleveland
KDFW-4: Dallas
KDVR-31: Denver
WJBK-2: Detroit
WGHP-8: Greensboro
KRIV-26: Houston
WDAF-4: Kansas City
KTTV-11: Los Angeles
WHBQ-13: Memphis
WITI-6: Milwaukee
WNYW-5: New York
WTXF-29: Philadelphia
KSAZ-10: Phoenix
KSTU-13: Salt Lake City
KTVI-2: St. Louis
WTVT-13: Tampa Bay
WTTG-5: Washington D.C.
KMSP-9: Minneapolis
WOGX-51: Ocala
WOFL-35: Orlando

#4 OFFLINE   LOBO2999

LOBO2999

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:33 PM

I called them today about this and ask if I had to call in to get it turned on or would it just come on and they told me I would have to get a wavier and pay $1.50 for it and I am in an O&O area WAGA-5: Atlanta and we only have 1 Fox affiliate for here . I told them don't bother trying for a wavier I am not paying for something I should get for free.

#5 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:09 PM

LOBO2999 Its possible another FOX station in your general area is mucking things up for you and thats the problem. Such as the problem Baltimore subs have with DC. Go to the website and make sure thats not the prob.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#6 OFFLINE   LOBO2999

LOBO2999

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:01 PM

Yeah I checked and here is what it says for my area and there is only 1 Fox , I know it says Grade A but it is still an O&O area so I should get it no matter.
Network Affiliate Channel Status
ABC WSB 2 Grade A (strong signal)
CBS WGCL 46 Grade A (strong signal)
NBC WXIA 11 Grade A (strong signal)
FOX WAGA 5 Grade A (strong signal)

#7 OFFLINE   kwajr

kwajr

Icon

• Registered
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:30 PM

boycott fox its OK that they are pro right but they should not call it fair and balanced

#8 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:36 PM

boycott fox its OK that they are pro right but they should not call it fair and balanced

Roll on Troll....:sure:
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#9 Guest_AndyM_*

Guest_AndyM_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:34 PM

I called them today about this and ask if I had to call in to get it turned on or would it just come on and they told me I would have to get a wavier and pay $1.50 for it and I am in an O&O area WAGA-5: Atlanta and we only have 1 Fox affiliate for here . I told them don't bother trying for a wavier I am not paying for something I should get for free.

I doubt that the CSRs even know that the channels are coming yet. If you subscribe to the HD pack or to your locals then you should receive FOX-HD East for free. If it doesn't come on automatically on Tuesday then you can call and they'll activate it on request. I did precisely this for NBC-HD when it came on, they just verify that the local affiliate is an O&O and you're all set.

#10 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:52 PM

Directv said you'd have to get a waiver? I thought areas with network owned affiliates automatically could add the Fox-HD?

Pay $2.25 you'll get Fox-HD East (WNYW) and Fox-HD West (KTTV), plus the analog feeds on 388 and 389.

#11 OFFLINE   Zach2

Zach2

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:33 PM

I just noticed that the Directv website program guide shows FOXHD E and FOXHD W as channels 86 & 87 starting on Tuesday, 10/12. Looks like they are keeping thier word to get them added for the baseball playoffs.

Awesome! hope its on 101 or 119

#12 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:17 AM

Now if they could just get ABC-HD then everyone would be happy. I'm sure there's no chance of getting WB-HD or UPN-HD.

#13 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:40 AM

Awesome! hope its on 101 or 119

According to my original rumor, they should be on 101.

#14 OFFLINE   james2006

james2006

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:07 PM

I have a somewhat unrelated question: I have a samsung ts360 with a triple dish at home, and when i check the signal on espnhd it says that it is coming off the 119 sat, transponder 28 or something. then, when i took the receiver to a friends house in la, (about 130 miles away) I don't get the channel. He has an older double dish that only gets the 101 and 119, but i can't see why i wouldn't get espnhd, and all the hd that is on the 119 sat. When i checked the signal meter it showed that he has a strong signal on 119 transponder 28, but then an error pops up that says, "wrong satellite."

Any ideas...thanks for your help

#15 OFFLINE   Bschneider

Bschneider

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:06 PM

According to my original rumor, they should be on 101.

Yes and no..

FOX-E is on 101/tp 8 and FOX-W is on 119/tp 22.

#16 OFFLINE   jabroni

jabroni

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:08 PM

Dang, I am pumped. The only channel I need now from Direct is ABC HD.

#17 OFFLINE   larrystotler

larrystotler

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:19 PM

I have a somewhat unrelated question: I have a samsung ts360 with a triple dish at home, and when i check the signal on espnhd it says that it is coming off the 119 sat, transponder 28 or something. then, when i took the receiver to a friends house in la, (about 130 miles away) I don't get the channel. He has an older double dish that only gets the 101 and 119, but i can't see why i wouldn't get espnhd, and all the hd that is on the 119 sat. When i checked the signal meter it showed that he has a strong signal on 119 transponder 28, but then an error pops up that says, "wrong satellite."

Any ideas...thanks for your help

Sounds like his receiver is directly connected to the 101 instead of running through a swithc, or his switch is bad.

#18 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,699 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:19 PM

Do you happen to know the O&O list for CBS, NBC, and ABC?

Thanks.

Yeah, I really like Fox's O&O list. It's really varied and has a lot of other unique markets, unlike CBS and NBC.

WAGA-5: Atlanta
KTBC-7: Austin
WBRC-6: Birmingham
WFXT-25: Boston
WFLD-32: Chicago
WJW-8: Cleveland
KDFW-4: Dallas
KDVR-31: Denver
WJBK-2: Detroit
WGHP-8: Greensboro
KRIV-26: Houston
WDAF-4: Kansas City
KTTV-11: Los Angeles
WHBQ-13: Memphis
WITI-6: Milwaukee
WNYW-5: New York
WTXF-29: Philadelphia
KSAZ-10: Phoenix
KSTU-13: Salt Lake City
KTVI-2: St. Louis
WTVT-13: Tampa Bay
WTTG-5: Washington D.C.
KMSP-9: Minneapolis
WOGX-51: Ocala
WOFL-35: Orlando

#19 OFFLINE   BFG

BFG

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:23 PM

CBS List - http://www.directv.c...ing/cbs_hd.html
NBC List - http://www.directv.c...ing/nbc_hd.html

#20 Guest_DTMiracle_*

Guest_DTMiracle_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:16 PM

Hi,

Does anyone knows in which transponders are located the NBC, CBS and soon FOX HD channels on SAT 101?

Thanks,

DTMiracle

spam firewall