Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

501 search function

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2002 - 03:56 PM

Does anyone know when the 501 will be getting a search function for the listings guide like the 7200?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2002 - 06:41 AM

From what I have heard, the search function should be implimented by the "super bowl". I guess we will see.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2002 - 11:45 AM

Hope your right cblount, Dish promised us the 7day EPG and just made it in time.....with a 9 day one.:)

I've never seen this feature on a Dishplayer , I wonder if most people find the SEARCH feature helpful?

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2002 - 01:49 PM

Yes the Displayer 7100 and 7200 have always had a search function for the guide. Just press the options button on controller and select search. Then a onscreen keyboard will appear. I have the webtv keyboard that has a search shortcut key. So I can type in what every search critia that I am looking for. ie:search by actor, show title.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2002 - 11:46 AM

Anyone hear anything? I thought something by the superbowl...

Searching is not going to be great anyways with a remote as the only input...

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2002 - 12:00 PM

Hi Switzma,
I haven't heard anything, but I've got a gut feeling that they probably won't make their promise date of by the Super Bowl.
With adding all the locals Jan 1st, and problems that arose from that and we just got a vers.139 upgrade from them.

Never know though :)

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2002 - 03:24 PM

I suspect that most of the programming effort recently has gone into the upgrades for ALL of the receivers. Every one of them has been upgraded (or is being upgraded) to look at the 129 satellite in addition to 61.5, 110, 119 and 148.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 10:26 AM

As I think we all suspected, the Super Bowl came and went and no search feature. :(

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 07:06 PM

I figured they meant the 2003 super bowl. So that still gives them almost a year to do it.

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2002 - 08:32 AM

want DISH to hit you with a new s/w load RIGHT before the SuperBowl...did you?
They only missed the 7/9-day guide at Thanksgiving by a couple of days...and I am very glad that I got to WATCH the SuperBowl, instead of resetting my PVR during the game.
Be patient...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...