Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to force software update on hr10-250?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tuckercom

tuckercom

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:50 PM

I am new to the D* world. Come someone tell me how to force the software update on hr10-250? I've read from other posts about force calls? Can someone help me out? Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:11 PM

Tuckercom,

Congratulations and Welcome to D* and HD TiVo!

Sounds like you are having great fun and are happy with your decision - I think it is WELL worth it!

I don't exactly know if this will force the software upgrade, but if you go to "Messages & Set Up", choose "Settings", then choose "Phone", the third option on the bottom of the screen is "Make Daily Call Now". If you can force the upgrade, I believe that's how you'd do it.

If not, you'll be hearing from someone fairly soon - this is a great place for help.

Good Luck!

JLucPicard

By the way, WAY COOL that you could get a good chunk back for your 921!

#3 OFFLINE   Sky I

Sky I

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:16 PM

These fine folk have posted the ansewer here: (scroll down toward the bottom of the post, 2nd from the last)

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=33842

Give Em a big Thanks from both of us :feelbette
For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be....
Pink Floyd

Protected By... spam firewall...And...