Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Harman Kardon AVR 130 Multiple Digital Input question.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jrod9707

jrod9707

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 12:43 AM

Hello I just purchased the AVR 130 and I have 3 components that have digital outputs.(Xbox,DVD Player and Satellite) I want to keep all the digital components hooked up through the back so I will have to have 2 optical cables and 1 coaxial. The question I have is that with the coaxial hookup, will the player let me use all 3 digital inputs or will one of them have to be plugged into the front display so that the player will recognize the 3rd digital input. Thankyou, Jared Juline.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 04:44 PM

Jared,

I don't understand your question. I have the AVR125, which as 3 optical and 3 coaxial digital sound inputs. I use all 6 of them with my equipment. If yours works the way mine does, you define what digital audio input you want to use with each source. I have mine set up so that Video1 uses Optical 1, Video2 uses Optical 2, Video 3 uses Optical 3, DVD uses Coax 2, and CD uses either Coax 1 or Coax 3 (depending on what I'm doing with my HTPC).
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   nsafreak

nsafreak

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:12 PM

Pretty much what Mark said there jrod. Remember the inputs/outputs on the AVR130 (at least I think they are, they are on my AVR230) are mapable. The ones on the front can work as either inputs or outputs. But you can use all 3 at once, what made you think that you couldn't?

#4 OFFLINE   jrod9707

jrod9707

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:52 AM

The reason I thought that I might not be able to is because units that are made by Panasonic and Sony always have multiple inputs but a few will be useless. Heres an example on a Panasonic Deck you have 2 optical ins, but ones for DVD and the other CD well with the CD in you cant connect a video source. So thats why I was thinking that having 4 digital ins on the back would be almost too good to be true and when I saw they were Labeled inputs 1&2 for optical and 1&2 for coaxial thats where I thought you really only had a choice between picking one of each or 2 optical and no coaxial or vice versa. Kinda hard to explain unless you've had Minor brand units in your past. But thanks guys and I love the unit I'm definitely a fan of Harmon Kardon now works great for my living room can't beat it for $300 @ Circuit City!!!

#5 OFFLINE   jrod9707

jrod9707

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:52 AM

Hope that makes sense to ya nsafreak

spam firewall