Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

A bit of advice for RV please?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   DFDureiko

DFDureiko

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:11 AM

I spent HOURS on the phone with both DTV and DISH (We have had DTV for almost four years.) We never have been able to get a "waivier" for our RV from our local CBS in Hartford.
right now we have DNS: ABC, NBC, FOX and ALL locals (we have locals in the house, and DNS in the RV AND the HOUSE. When I questioned this I was told they made a "mistake" and would let it be "grandfathered"
if I want CBS distant, I have to call them up have them turn OFF RECIEVERS at home and turn ON DNS Reciver in RV and reverse the procedure when arrving back home.
or pay for two accounts. (sometimes we have a house sitter so I want TV in the house while we are gone)
they blame it on the local stations.
Now lets use common sense, if I have BOTH why in the world would I watch the DNS news or weather and not my local stations? but they are so threatened that I might not watch them. Amazing really.
Seeing that we lost our locals at 119 sattellite due to tree/forest growth I debated about switching to Adelphia and having the separate 50dollar+ account for the RV, but now here that our "locals" in HDTV will be watchable due to different satellite so will stick with DTV
so to recap. we have ONE account, the RV is simply 5.00 month.
We have locals and DNS (except CBS DNS) in both house , and DNS ('cept CBS) in the RV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jcamp

jcamp

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:55 PM

I have Direct in my Motorhome with the NY locals. It costs me $5 a month for the receiver and $1.50 for each local that I want.

spam firewall