Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Dishplayer has been possessed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2002 - 06:05 AM

Monday evening while watching a pre recorded event, my dishplayer became possessed. It changed to channel 666. I got the remote and went to PTV. Selected what I had been watching and started it. It changed back to channel 666.
I tried unplugging it, pulling the smart card, running the switch test and the guide reset code. Nothing worked, finally gave up as it was getting late. Tuesday, I worked late so I didn't have time to call Dish about the problem but it still would not do anyting except channel 666.
It appears that whatever part of the software receives the IR had got stuck thinking it was continuously receiving a 6.
Tuesday night, I checked and it was still all 6s. I was going to go into the settings and when I went to enter the password the box filled up on its own. I'm sure it was all 6s. Wednesday when I came home, I turned it on and it was back to normal except all my timer events are gone.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2002 - 06:10 AM

Wierd. Is it possible that the 6 key on the remote or keyboard was stuck. One time I had the corner of a magazine on the keyboard and the DP kept thumping at me. Took me a little while to figure it out.

At any rate, if your DP starts acting up again, try a new software download using the Jenny code (8675309). I find that it works fairly well for clearing wierd problems that have nothing to do with a faulty guide.

spam firewall