Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Be prepared for some major bugs on January 1st!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2001 - 06:13 AM

This is only speculation but I get the feeling that January 1st is going to be very interesting when must carry kicks in. Every time there is a major channel changing event, it takes a week or 2 for the DP guide to catch up. Since Microsoft pretty much takes care of the 7-day guide, do you think they will be ready? Somehow I don't think so. I can very well see waking up new years morning and finding the entire 8000 block of channels saying "No Information" if the channels are there at all. I'm also suspecting that if they are there we won't see any detailed listings for at least a few days if not a week.

And on top of that, bugs may be introduced into the 7-day guide causing everyone to do a 7225000 code downloading the 48 hour guide to fix them.

I don't know, I'm pretty skeptical. One side of me thinks that everything will go smoothly but the other half says don't believe it!

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2002 - 01:49 PM

Well Chris, you were partially right. The 3AM download did a weird upgrade screen at the end of the download, & then rebooted. When it came back on I had to click on listings, & then got the 48 hour guide.

I checked the receiver info, & from what I can see, nothing has changed as far as a software update was concerned. Lew

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2002 - 04:30 PM

Well that prediction was pretty pessimistic. I received the 7-day guide without incident and everything looks okay, so far. Many, such as yourself, had problems which I hope will clear up tonight with the new download.

spam firewall