Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

free-to-air satellite

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   swope1221

swope1221

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:20 PM

Hi. I have an 18 inch dish and and pansat 2500a receiver. My question is how can I hook up 2 receivers to this one dish? Thanks for any info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:24 PM

Why would you bother? The only video channels you can legally get with FTA are NASA, Gol, and a few barkers. If you want the audio, it's easier to set up a housewide audio distribution with the output.
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

#3 OFFLINE   Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 09:20 PM

Uhhh... what. There are over 1000+ channels out there that are FTA, most are foreign language. The 18" dish is a bit small. You should probably upgrade to a 76cm or 1m dish with a motor. I've got tons of UPN/WB's from the south west, a couple of NBC's, CBS's, an ABC plus Fox News, Pentagon Channel, plus all kinds of neat stuff. Take a look at lyngsat.com for more info.
If you can read this, you are too close.

#4 OFFLINE   rid0617

rid0617

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:34 AM

you get abc from cheyene, wyoming, cbs and nbc from the u.s. virgin islands. then upn, wb and spanish channels from all over the midwest

#5 OFFLINE   rid0617

rid0617

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:35 AM

forgot to mention, mine is hooked up to a motor and currently i receive over 400 unscrambled channels

#6 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:37 PM

Hi. I have an 18 inch dish and and pansat 2500a receiver. My question is how can I hook up 2 receivers to this one dish? Thanks for any info.

you get abc from cheyene, wyoming, cbs and nbc from the u.s. virgin islands. then upn, wb and spanish channels from all over the midwest

I see a disconnect here. We're talking about an 18-inch dish, okay? rid0617's talking about a motorized Ku-band dish, an excellent investment but far from the original poster's question.

The answer to that original question is to use a dual LNBF, but again I must suggest that it's not worth it for the small handful of video channels in the clear for such a small dish. And if the channels aren't in the clear, you need to pay for a subscription anyway.

#7 OFFLINE   PSB

PSB

Godfather

• Registered
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 02:17 PM

I think its WELL worth it for the radio channels and GOL TV alone! There is always something to watch on FTA satellite, even with an 18" dish with dual DBS LNB. Good Luck with it!

#8 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 11:29 AM

Two receivers just to get a handful of radio stations, Gol TV and NASA? I'm trying to give the original poster the benefit of the doubt while emphasizing ideas such as legally and in the clear. If the original poster's legit, he'll follow up one of these days. If not, it's nice that he went away. :)

#9 OFFLINE   PSB

PSB

Godfather

• Registered
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 02:34 PM

I will stick with my opinion, WELL WORTH IT! For GOL TV alone, soccer is the greatest and biggest sport in the world! Two receivers to get the same game in two locations. Sounds like the norm for me : )

As a soccer nut I may be slightly biased!

spam firewall