Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

I finally had to use the "Jenny" code.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2001 - 06:33 PM

Well after having a Dishplayer for over 2 years I had to finally resort to the Jenny code (8675309). This code does a complete new download of the WebTV software. Most of the time the 7225000 code worked for clearing problems (download of the 48 hour guide). Very rarely I used the 32768 code which simply resets the software.

Everything was fine until I tried to setup a dish during the 110 outage last week. I finally got the dish set up but ever since then, the Dishplayer had been acting funny. It was losing recordings constantly. Programs would record for 1 or 2 minutes and then quit. Really wierd stuff. The last straw was when the Dishplayer rebooted for no reason and all the timers were gone. What it looked like is that something was corrupted in the software and not in the 7-day or 48 hour guides.

After thinking about the symptoms, I thought the only solution was to do a new software download. It worked! So far no problems with recordings and no spontaneous rebooting.

This leads me to believe that the software in the Dishplayer can get really screwed up under abnormal conditions (such as a satellite being down). Yes, the software in the DP is buggy in the first place, but I think under normal use, most people will experience trouble free performance. I have had no major problems for 2 years now and this is the first time I've had to use the Jenny code. When there was trouble, a corrupted guide was usually the problem which was easily fixed by the 7225000 code.

I don't recommend using the Jenny code, but it's a great way to clear problems that can't be cleared by downloading a new guide.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2001 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for the info. For us newbies, could you refresh us on how to utilize and call these codes?

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2001 - 08:53 PM

Welcome to DBSTalk.Com!

Turn the receiver off. Punch in the code, the lights will blink on the front panel, then turn the receiver back on.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2001 - 05:23 PM

Here are the different codes; what they do and how to use them.
ben.reser.org/dishplayer/codes.html

spam firewall