Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sky Angel to drop INSP - 9718 ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jegrant

jegrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:26 AM

This just in - I have noticed that INSP, channel 9718 (aka Inspirational Network) is no longer listed at Sky Angel's video page:
http://www.skyangel....90&x=003|001&~=

In the past, when a programmer's logo and name were removed from a page at Sky Angel, said programmer left shortly after.

I wonder what they'll replace it with?
I'd be interested to see JC-TV.

I wonder how many other Christian TV channels are out there? I know there are more radio networks, but there must only be a small handful of other Christian TV channels.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:54 AM

This happened with Daystar and it's still on. I haven't heard anything official or semi-official yet.

Anyway, JC-TV is part of the TBN station group and they were not dealing with Dominion in the past. Maybe that changed, but I doubt it.

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#3 OFFLINE   rid0617

rid0617

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:26 PM

I doubt JC-TV will show up. To be on Sky Angel you are required to promote sky angel. TBN is a competing network to Sky Angel so I don't see them advertising the competition. When Enlace was on sky angel TBN bought it and it become TBN Enlace no longer on sky angel.

#4 OFFLINE   Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:27 PM

JCTV is pretty cool. I've watched it over on Ku FTA... sweet!
If you can read this, you are too close.

#5 OFFLINE   drfreeman

drfreeman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 10:43 PM

i heard goodlife tv is replacing insp 9718......

just kidding,it would be a nice fit....

#6 OFFLINE   jegrant

jegrant

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:58 AM

I am aware that JCTV is part of the TBN family.

I doubt they'll ever put their channels on SA*, really. They actually suggest people buy an FTA system to receive a digital multiplex of TBN's networks.

#7 OFFLINE   mattb

mattb

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:44 PM

I would LOVE JC-TV on Skyangel consdiering they forced E* to drop EE which carried it as filler.

Hopefully if they do drop INSP they dont replace it with something of lessor value.

#8 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:47 PM

I guess SuperChannel TBN is just a figment of my imagination. :)

#9 OFFLINE   TimL

TimL

Legend

• Registered
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:43 PM

I guess SuperChannel TBN is just a figment of my imagination. :)

SuperChannel TBN is WACX-TV 55 Leesburg/Orlando Florida. A TBN Affiliate rather than Owned and operated by TBN..Sky Angel deals with the affiliate of TBN in this case..

Tim Lones

#10 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:21 PM

SuperChannel TBN is WACX-TV 55 Leesburg/Orlando Florida. A TBN Affiliate rather than Owned and operated by TBN..Sky Angel deals with the affiliate of TBN in this case..

Tim Lones

Yep. Makes it possible for them to promote Sky Angel and deliver TBN content. Surely with the consent of TBN. :)

#11 OFFLINE   mattb

mattb

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 01:48 AM

Skyangel also used to have TBN ENLACE at one point. Skyangel used to also have a 24/7 Benny Hinn Channel :-) I liked watching that one, I miss it.

#12 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:45 PM

I have received confirmation that INSP is leaving the Sky Angel line-up. I haven't been given a specific date. The message simply stated that after a 7 year association, INSP "found it necessary to discontinue the distribution of INSP on Sky Angel"

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"TV Market Maps"

#13 OFFLINE   JeffH

JeffH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:49 AM

Actually I’m glad to see INSP leave, and I’m also looking forward to seeing Daystar go as well. Except for a few programs, what is the difference between many of these networks anyway?

I hope they leave this slot open until a new innovative and exclusive channel can be developed. Something that has never been seen on Christian television before, if this is possible.

TLN (Total Living Network) could be their option if the channel is replaced right away, but I have no ideal what they will do. I doubt that it will be another music channel though. What do you think of TLN?

JeffH

#14 OFFLINE   jegrant

jegrant

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:15 AM

I wouldn't mind TLN - some of its programs are carried in one way or another by a channel or two on SA* now (at least, last time I reviewed schedules), but obviously not everything.

Looking at their schedule, though - http://www.tln.com/g...011705_chi.html - TLN seems pretty duplicative, at least in the daytime (and, some use of the dreaded (since we already have it 24/7) Worship TV feed overnight).

#15 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:48 AM

Interesting that TLN is tuning up another channel on their mux. Currently Color Bars. TLN has 4 other channels up there. They are doing something similar to Equity. They are creating feeds for their local stations so the local station does not need a bunch of equipment on-site. The feed for KEEN 17 in Las Vegas seems to be the best for my tastes.

#16 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:14 AM

The time frame for INSP's removal from the SA* line-up is "sometime in mid February." The channel will be replaced by another channel, but it hasn't been announced yet.

See ya
Tony

"Dish Channel Chart"
"TV Market Maps"

#17 OFFLINE   JeffH

JeffH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:18 PM

I just received the February issue of Sky Angel Guide in the mail today. On page 30 it states "INSP to leave Sky Angel February 16". Quote "Recently INSP found it necessary to discontinue the distribution of INSP on Sky Angel", the Guide also states that a new channel will be announced soon.

I wonder if INSP wants to break it's exclusive contract with Sky Angel so it can persue carriage on DirectTV? Time will tell.

I said it before, most of these networks (INSP, Daystar, WHT, TBN etc.) all look the same anyway. I am interested in what others think as well. What difference do you see, or what programs do these networks carry (exclusive to a network) that would incline you to watch them?

TLN at least carries Little House on the Prairie for those who want more family entertainment on Sky Angel. :)

JeffH

#18 OFFLINE   Wayne

Wayne

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 09:28 AM

I said it before, most of these networks (INSP, Daystar, WHT, TBN etc.) all look the same anyway. I am interested in what others think as well. What difference do you see, or what programs do these networks carry (exclusive to a network) that would incline you to watch them?

TLN at least carries Little House on the Prairie for those who want more family entertainment on Sky Angel. :)

JeffH

I would like TLN as well. I think Sky Angel needs more family programming. Could Sky Angel start another in house channel that would show classic TV shows with moral lessons? I don't know the costs of getting this type of programming, but I think it would help get more subscribers.

I also agree that there are too many channels with the same TV preachers. I would hope Sky Angel could find networks that encourage teaching programs like Quick Study, Way of the Master, and Words Pictures.

I don't see another music video channel coming, but if one should I would like to receive JCTV since it's programming somewhere between TVU and Spirit.

#19 OFFLINE   JeffH

JeffH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:13 AM

(Quotes from Wayne) I would like TLN as well. I think Sky Angel needs more family programming. Could Sky Angel start another in house channel that would show classic TV shows with moral lessons? I don't know the costs of getting this type of programming, but I think it would help get more subscribers.

Maybe some day that will happen. Sky Angel and Dish may have to work that out with their contract

I also agree that there are too many channels with the same TV preachers. I would hope Sky Angel could find networks that encourage teaching programs like Quick Study, Way of the Master, and Words Pictures.

amen

I don't see another music video channel coming, but if one should I would like to receive JCTV since it's programming somewhere between TVU and Spirit.

I don't see another music channel coming either. But who knows?

JeffH

#20 OFFLINE   satguy595

satguy595

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:23 AM

I guess it's OK that SA will be dropping INSP. The only thing that I don't like is how often channels change on SA. They need to be more consistant in their line up. I know that sometimes it's out of Sky Angel's control but it seems that channels move on and off of there quite often.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...