Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Sky Angel to drop INSP - 9718 ?
Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:50 AM
2. What program(s) on INSP might persuade someone to subscribe to Sky Angel?
3. When and if you promote Sky Angel to your family or friends, do you mention INSP?
4. Why do you think INSP wants to leave Sky Angel?
1. none, I rarely watch INSP
2. Except for an occasional special I don’t know of any that would persuade my
Family or friends to subscribe to Sky Angel
4. My guess is that they are not receiving enough revenue from Sky Angel subscribers and/or do not want abide by the terms of their contract with Sky Angel for the free airtime they receive. But again, this is only my guess.
Members of Sky Angel’s Viewer Advisory Board had the opportunity to vote on which channels they watch, and how often. New members may still have that opportunity. Regardless, those who love the ministry of Sky Angel and are interested in their growth should become a member of the advisory board.
Are you a member of Sky Angel’s Viewer Advisory Board?
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:48 PM
Here in Cleveland that is what is happening. WDLI-DT ch 39 Canton/Akron/ Cleveland is showing Church Channel on 17-2, JC-TV on 17-3, and Enlace on 17-4 (17-1 is the main channel which is 98% the national TBN feed. The last time I checked, WDLI only carried a couple of original programs on weekday afternoons.
Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:18 PM
(Also 99 percent of Sky Angel's channels are in the clear (mpeg) on c-band. meaning you don't have to pay)
Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:19 PM
One thing Sky Angel *has* done well over the years is provide air time to many *small* broadcasters, FTA on Angel One (DISH 119 slot, channel 262). They have also begun producing some more-or-less original programming; first on KTV, then special events on Angel Two, and then by launching the Spirit channel.
Do they have a long way to go? Of course! If you want to help, get on board! You can subscribe and get on the viewer advisory board. Once subscribed, you can consider making additional donations. If enough people do these things, they will be able to complete their production and uplink facilities, and get their first satellite launched.
On a somewhat unrelated note, it seemed "just a little" incongruous last night, when I saw John Tesh leading "Worship at Red Rocks" on one of the local PBS stations, which has a reputation for its, let's say, "progressive" bent. I'd have to guess that they've figured out what their audience wants to see for their pledge drive. That would also explain their regular airing of "The Catholic Hour".