Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Thinking about switching to DirecTivo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2001 - 05:35 AM

Lately I've been mulling over the idea of switching to DirecTivo. With the problems involved in running a DP it seems pretty apparent by discussion elsewhere that the DirecTivo is a much more realiable product.

What features are on the Displayer that are NOT on the DirecTivo? I would really like to know because there are things the DP does that I would sorely miss if I made the switch.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2001 - 01:05 PM

WebTV and PIP perhaps, not much else.

After leaving DISH and going with DirecTV I admittedly missed my Dishplayer. I even purchased a UltimateTV to fill the void. As time went on I realized that DirecTIVO allowed for lots of tailoring so UTV is out but DirecTIVO remains.

What I like best about DirecTIVO...
-Dual Tuners
-I can request "first Run", thus ignoring reruns
-No bugs!!!!!!! I never miss a show...NEVER!!

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2001 - 04:54 PM

I hate to be a wet blanket. I have a TIVO and DISH in one room, and added a 501 to the second room. There is no comparison between TIVO and 501. TIVO has all sorts of search functions, season passes to record all episodes of a desired show, better features of searching what's on, what actors, what directors, etc. (Of course, it's more expensive too.) I hope that the 502 will continue to improve, but at the present there's really no comparison...

spam firewall