Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

DP remotes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2001 - 12:47 PM

My DP remote got something spilled in it so I called E and had them replace the remote. I have the system warranty. They sent me a old style non PTV remote by mistake. I was surprised any of those were still around. They mentioned few DP remotes ever fail, and that appears to be true. Too bad the box isnt as reliable as the remote....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2001 - 10:01 PM

The problem with my Dishplayer remote is the paint came off of all of the number keys.

I replaced it with a Radio Shack 15-1994. It works well but I ran out of memory about two functions short.

I am concerned about the 501 remote. It looks like the paint may not last to long and it does not seem to be very heavy duty.

I really like the feel and durability of the 15-1994.

BTW - I have had zero problems with my Dishplayer since the last update.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2001 - 10:15 PM

Bob,

Is there a way to nag Dish to send you a PTV remote. Try some CSR roulette and see what happens.

Phil,

A good way to keep the numbers from rubbing off the remote and to keep it brand new is to wrap the remote in a plastic freezer bag. The remote will still work and remain in tip top shape.

What I do is place the remote in the bottom of the bag then cut off the excess plastic and carefully wrap it around the back and tape it shut using packing tape.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2001 - 06:38 AM

I gave them the part number off the PTV remote and am awaiting its arrval. I am surprised they still have any non ptv remotes around.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...