Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

College basketball Blackout ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 05:22 PM

Newbie here,

For the 2nd week in a row I have not been able to watch a college basketball game on FSSW (OU v Baylor) in DC b/c the game is blacked out. I was able to watch all of the FSSW Big 12 games last year, but for some reason they are blacked out. I cannot find a way to contact FSSW and DISH says it's those guys that are doing it.

Any body know what the story is here?
:mad:
Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

On most college basketball blackouts, the problem is that it's part of the ESPN Full Court package. But I don't see that game on the Full Court schedule. Once in a while, a local broadcast station has the rights and requests a blackout. Maybe a DC station has Big 12 rights?
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

#3 OFFLINE   jrbdmb

jrbdmb

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:16 AM

New TV deal this year between Big 12 and ESPN forces the Big 12 to black out all of their FSN-produced games outside of the home team's state. So, you only get to see the Texas / Baylor / A&M on FSSW if you live in Texas, you only get to see the Kansas State games if you live in Kansas, etc. Apparently the Mizzou games don't get blacked out because they are not produced by FSMW (even though FSMW shows a lot of the games).

Note that these blackout occur even though the games are not part of Full Court. :mad:

#4 OFFLINE   ppa316

ppa316

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:13 PM

because i live in texas, and i subscrinbe to full court and the extra rsns, and when i try to watch games on say fox sports florida it says program not available in your area. is this a similar situation as this other guy is having? thanks guys

#5 OFFLINE   jrbdmb

jrbdmb

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 03:16 PM

Yup, almost the same. SEC games are blacked out on the southeast RSNs (Sun Sports, FSS, sometimes FSSW) to anyone outside of the SEC states, even though the games are *not* on FullCourt.

spam firewall