Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

WEATHER TO BE A FACTOR IN BOTH CCG's

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:10 AM

Cold wind and snow predicted for Philly and Pittsburg on Sunday. As an Eagles fan I don't know how to feel. It could help to neutralize Vick's speed and running ability. But on the other hand I feel the Eagles have a better team, and home field advantage and all things being equal with normal type weather will have the upper hand. I think the weather could be a great equalizer for the Falcons in that it opens the door for various unforeseen situations. Granted, this could work for or against either team, but I would rather see a precipitation free game and let the chips fall where they may.
EAGLES

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sikma

sikma

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:04 PM

I would think bad weather would impede what Atlanta wants to do offensively. I couldn't see Dunn running well on a slick track, but their other big HB could be a factor. It almost seems like NE plays better in bad weather.....look out Pitt.

#3 OFFLINE   TerryC

TerryC

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:42 PM

I see it totally different. A QB will have a hard time holding on to a ball to pass it since his fingers will be cold and the ball will be slick. Same for the receivers trying to catch it. I've always thought cold, wet weather was better for a running team.

#4 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:34 PM

Vick - he's going Scramblin' I think he's gonna run all day against The Eagles :)

#5 OFFLINE   TerryC

TerryC

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:55 PM

:bonk1:

#6 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:59 AM

Vick - he's going Scramblin' I think he's gonna run all day against The Eagles :)

He better have his head on a swivel. B-DAWK is lurking :evilgrin:
EAGLES

#7 OFFLINE   SAEMike

SAEMike

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:02 AM

Vick will certainly try, I suspect he'll be sliding and slipping all over the slippery grass. I watched the Falcons struggle in person against my Niners on Kickoff Weekend.

Eagles will win, probably big.

#8 OFFLINE   TerryC

TerryC

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:09 AM

The best way to judge a team is on the first game under a new coach and new offensive and defensive system on opening day, 17 games and almost five months ago. :rolleyes:

#9 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:00 AM

The best way to judge a team is on the first game under a new coach and new offensive and defensive system on opening day, 17 games and almost five months ago. :rolleyes:

Your post reminds me of my favorite NFL Network Commercial where they show all the pre-season football fans talking about the upcoming season. I forget specifically which city it was (San Francisco maybe?) but they talk about them going all the way. Other great lines were: "Rickey Williams has one thing on his mind, and that's winning football games." "Who did the steelers draft again? Ben Rothelsomething. Nice pick Cowher."

#10 OFFLINE   TerryC

TerryC

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:32 PM

Now I'm hearing the weather should be clear by gametime of both CGs. Cold but clear.

#11 OFFLINE   markh

markh

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:21 PM

That is a great commercial. Easier to make at the end of the season, but still great.:) I wonder if the Patriots defense will make the rookie QB back into Rothelsomething or if he's already had his shaky game of the playoffs.

I just got done digging out of the same storm heading to Philly. We got a foot or better and it's cold behind the storm. And windy, we're supposed to have 30-40 mph winds with higher gusts. If that holds true in Philly or Pittsburgh, it won't be a passing day.

#12 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,426 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:19 PM

I'm not saying the Steeler's QB is the next great thing mind you... but it was just about 3 years ago when Tom Brady took over for an injured Drew Bledsoe, and everyone thought New England was in the tank... Brady lost a few games his rookie season (admittedly not his first season in the NFL but his first season starting games)... and by the time the playoffs came around, everyone picked against New England because the experts said he would fold in the pinch... including the Superbowl when instead of going for the tie and overtime, Brady drove down the field for the winning field goal.

I'm guessing most folks have short memories.. because the Steelers this year are reliving that magic to an extent... starter goes down, rookie comes in and just wins even when he plays badly... Yet a few years later Brady is a seasoned veteran unflappable, and deservedly so... but he started somewhere... and maybe this could be the Steelers starting that kind of run too.

#13 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:23 AM

Now I'm hearing the weather should be clear by gametime of both CGs. Cold but clear.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Snow? I don't see any snow in Philly stadium.

Current weather predictions for Philly: .TODAY...CLOUDY WITH OCCASIONAL SNOW THIS MORNING. PARTLY CLOUDY THIS AFTERNOON. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. ADDITIONAL ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND AN INCH. WINDY WITH HIGHS AROUND 20. NORTH WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUES 5 BELOW TO 10 ABOVE ZERO.

Pittsburg:.TODAY...A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS THIS MORNING. PARTLY CLOUDY THIS AFTERNOON. BRISK WITH HIGHS AROUND 17. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH. WIND CHILL 13 BELOW.

Good think Foxboro is dormant now. 28-38" expected with winds from 30-45 and gusts up to 65MPH.

#14 OFFLINE   TerryC

TerryC

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 12:40 PM

My weatherman is as accurate as usual. :lol:

#15 OFFLINE   sikma

sikma

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:21 PM

Vick stinks :whatdidid

#16 OFFLINE   TerryC

TerryC

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 06:55 PM

He did today, that's for sure. Philly had all the answers to what the Falcons wanted to do. I didn't think they had much of a chance to go all the way when Owens went down, but now I'm not so sure.

Congrats, Eagles. (refering to the dbstalk poster) :)

#17 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:56 PM

we won

doing the dbstalk.com dance
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

#18 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 09:08 PM

Congrats, Eagles. (refering to the dbstalk poster) :)

Thanks TerryC. All I need now is for Msguy to pick the Pats :lol:
EAGLES

#19 OFFLINE   sikma

sikma

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:28 PM

Thanks TerryC. All I need now is for Msguy to pick the Pats :lol:

I was thinking the same thing :hurah:

spam firewall