Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

FTAList.com - New source for North American FTA viewers

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:39 PM

Howdy everybody!

A new friend and I just finished putting together what we hope will become the best place to find all the available FTA channels for North American viewers. It's www.FTAList.com. That ought to be easy to remember, but feel free to bookmark it. ;)

On the site, newbies can quickly see all available channels with the Brief option, and power users can see all the relevant settings (including TitanTV codes) by using the Full Details. By clicking the Advanced button, users can specify exactly which satellites they care about and then generate a customized list.

The site is just getting started, and we're always interested in feedback. I expect that it'll continue to evolve as more users tell us what they like and dislike about the way we present the channels.

Thanks to Chris and company for inviting me to share this good news. I hope this site benefits our entire FTA community.
  • bobccc likes this
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rid0617

rid0617

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 02:04 AM

Thank you for posting this. I am disabled and spend most of my free time in the room surfing my satellite receiver. Will check it out better.

#3 OFFLINE   nick100

nick100

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:39 AM

I am a newbie Sr. Citizen who has a Coolsat4000 that worked great for one day and then we were knocked down. I have downloaded the software onto a CD but do not know how to get it to the receiver. So I have nothing now..Any suggestions?? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks nick100

Howdy everybody!

A new friend and I just finished putting together what we hope will become the best place to find all the available FTA channels for North American viewers. It's www.FTAList.com. That ought to be easy to remember, but feel free to bookmark it. ;)

On the site, newbies can quickly see all available channels with the Brief option, and power users can see all the relevant settings (including TitanTV codes) by using the Full Details. By clicking the Advanced button, users can specify exactly which satellites they care about and then generate a customized list.

The site is just getting started, and we're always interested in feedback. I expect that it'll continue to evolve as more users tell us what they like and dislike about the way we present the channels.

Thanks to Chris and company for inviting me to share this good news. I hope this site benefits our entire FTA community.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,868 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:01 AM

I would remove the dark background colors - hard to read. Basically, you shouldn't use coloring at all; only for something special.

#5 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:33 AM

I am a newbie Sr. Citizen who has a Coolsat4000 that worked great for one day and then we were knocked down. I have downloaded the software onto a CD but do not know how to get it to the receiver. So I have nothing now..Any suggestions?? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks nick100

You need to define more specifically what you are trying to do. IF you are talking about stealing encrypted subscription programming, discussion of this is NOT permitted here.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#6 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:19 AM

I would remove the dark background colors - hard to read. Basically, you shouldn't use coloring at all; only for something special.

The coloring indicates which type of LNBF you need to receive the channel. But I agree with you that all the colors could be a bit lighter (making the text easier to read) and still show what's what.

#7 OFFLINE   jackp

jackp

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:54 AM

What A wonderful Ideal.We have to keep satellite open for everybody.I love my sat dish.You have made my day big guy.I belong to a lot of sats forum/where we can talk about sats.We have to get the young guys interested/with young new Ideals.Thans Carload, big guy/Don't stop keep going :hurah:

#8 OFFLINE   ocnier

ocnier

Godfather

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 07:37 AM

Where's the XTV stuff, I thought I saw that they sell $60 subscription cards for a year from the company?

#9 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

I can't get to ftalist.com. It times out and gives me an i.p. address of 70.84.18.5
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#10 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for noticing, Michael. I was just getting ready to let everyone know...

The new version of FTAList.com is coming March 1.

Thrill to a one-stop source for FTA sports highlights. Gasp as you peruse channel lists separated by language and satellite. Email back as you find the inevitable errors.

Seriously, I expect it'll be useful, and I'm hoping it might be cool, too. Excuse me now while I get back to work. :)

#11 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:00 PM

After a final flurry of fixes, the new FTAList.com is here. The beta has launched.

The database is a couple of weeks out of date, but that's better than the half-a-year out of date it had been for a while. I'll be updating the database now that the site is on display again.

Please feel free to send along any bugs, inaccuracies, or errors that you find. If there's something you like, I don't mind hearing about that either. :)

Give it a whirl!

#12 OFFLINE   mikenleeds

mikenleeds

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:23 PM

i am thinking of buying a fta system , does anyone know what s the best type or best package?? can anyone tell me if the fta system is even worth while because all i am seeing is relig. free channels , can i find any thing else free?

#13 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:34 AM

Anything else free? There are over 70 channels in English, including two dozen OTA broadcasters, some news networks, some educational channels, a bit of music and sports, and yes, some religious channels. Plus there are 24 channels in Spanish, and almost 100 more in various other languages.

You're here at the thread about the launch and relaunch of FTAList.com, the big list of North American channels. So go ahead and drop by FTAList.com and look around.

#14 OFFLINE   Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:54 PM

Hey, carload, is GOL TV on EchoStar 8 really a horizontal polarity feed? I thought Echo8 was left/right not horizontal/vertical...

Nice site, btw!
If you can read this, you are too close.

#15 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for the compliment. Nah, Gol TV isn't really horizontal, but I can get it with a standard Ku-band LNBF, and when I do, it's set to horizontal.

I really ought to add a Dish 500 for to see what's in the clear with circular LNBFs from 110 and 119, but my 1x4 switch is maxed out already. 1=G10R, 2=motorized, 3&4=the Nimiqs. Maybe I could add a manual A/B switch in series with 3&4? Hmmm.

#16 OFFLINE   jjb

jjb

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:56 PM

Hi there,

I'm thinking about getting a satellite system and I was wondering if anyone knows of a place to get a list of FTA C-Band channels available in North America (other than lyngsat, which is to be honest quite confusing), or any way at all to get any Japanese channels on any satellite system (including pay channels.) My wife is Japanese and we'd like to get some Japanese programming if we can.

Thanks for any help!

#17 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:35 AM

Here's the best C-band list that I know, from Global Communications: http://www.global-cm...istCBandUS.html

All satellite Japanese channels? I'm not sure about that one. Even LyngSat's list of all channels originating from Japan (http://www.lyngsat.c...eetv/Japan.html) lists only the free ones, not to mention that most of them are on satellites we can't see from North America.

#18 OFFLINE   Sharkonwheels

Sharkonwheels

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:08 PM

Michael, thanks for that site, BTW.

Keeping info like that current is not a simple task...

T

#19 OFFLINE   sadoun

sadoun

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:51 PM

Keep up the good work Michael
Sadoun Satellite
DBSTALK forum member #507
Member since May 28, 2002

#20 OFFLINE   decryptr

decryptr

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:35 AM

Just an FYI
I noticed that The Miracle Channel disappeared on Galaxy 25.
I went to their site and found info for AMC 4:

(The Miracle Channel)
AMC 4 at 101 W (Free-to-air)
Transponder 8
Frequency - 11860H
S/R 28138
FEC - ¾
PMT - 112,
Video PID - 3177
Audio PID 3178

Thanks for all of your listings.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...