Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Super Bowl Winner:make Your Pick Now

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: WHO WILL WIN THE SUPER BOWL? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

WHO WILL WIN THE SUPER BOWL?

1. PATRIOTS (40 votes [72.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. EAGLES (15 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 10:33 AM

All the talking heads seem to think it's a foregone conclusion. All the Patriots need to do is just show up in two weeks to collect another Lombardi trophy. What do you think?
EAGLES

#2 OFFLINE   mainedish

mainedish

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 10:36 AM

Yes. The eagles are good. But the Patriots can't be stopped. They played the 15-1 Steelers and made them look foolish. Defense wins championships. And the patriots have it.

#3 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:19 AM

Patriots are going to win unfortunately. I voted for the Eagles because that is who I want to win. Actually, I voted for the team that opposed the team I don't want to win. But if my past history is any record, Patriots will walk all over them.

Current odds are NE by 7, 48o/u.

#4 OFFLINE   TerryC

TerryC

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:17 PM

I think New England is just on a roll right now. I think they'll probably take it.

#5 OFFLINE   sikma

sikma

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:27 PM

I'll take the Eagles (but since my winning % is WAY below .500 I'll say congrats in advance to the Pats)

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,537 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

I don't hate New England... but I always felt for the Buffalo Bills those 4 Superbowl losses and everyone remembers them as a great failure instead of the consistent good team they were...

Hate to see that happen similarly to Philadelphia... so I'm rooting for the Eagles, but if I have to pick I have to pick the Patriots because they are hard to beat... I thought my Panthers had the best shot of anyone last year because Jim Fox had last year's Panthers playing every bit like the Patriots team of no-stars that always work hard and show up when it counts... that's what I think it takes to beat New England right now... and while Philly is a good team, maybe a great one with TO healthy... they don't have high-performance and effort at every position like the Patriots do.

#7 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,189 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 January 2005 - 11:15 AM

As I hate sounding like an obnoxious homer (because I hate it when others are "in your face" about it), I try to stay out of the debates.

But I have to say - holding the #1 offense in the NFL to 3 points one week and then running over the #1 defense and scoring 41...

Having suffered for so long before the recent successes, you hate to say you can see it coming but...

#8 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 11:22 AM

As I hate sounding like an obnoxious homer (because I hate it when others are "in your face" about it), I try to stay out of the debates.

But I have to say - holding the #1 offense in the NFL to 3 points one week and then running over the #1 defense and scoring 41...

Having suffered for so long before the recent successes, you hate to say you can see it coming but...

My hope is that the Patriots feel the same way. The Eagles will need all the help they can get. I think the fact that the whole football world is basically writing the Eagles off could play in their favor. We shall see.
EAGLES

#9 OFFLINE   sikma

sikma

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 11:25 AM

Now I'm going to impersonate a female and change my mind. I just learned Chad Lewis is out, so I'm afriad so is Philly.

#10 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:17 PM

Now I'm going to impersonate a female and change my mind. I just learned Chad Lewis is out, so I'm afriad so is Philly.

Can you sy L.J. Smith? He is no slouch. They will not loose much, if anything at all at that position. They will loose the veteran presence though. L.J. was actually working as a co-starter so to speak with Chad Lewis all year. L.J. Smith is bigger, stronger, and faster than Lewis, but lacks the experience. Maybe it's time for the young guy to step up.
EAGLES

#11 OFFLINE   mainedish

mainedish

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:26 PM

Tom Brady is only getting better. Reason number 156 why they will win.

#12 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:35 PM

Belichick just seems to find a way to win. Although I am rooting for the Eagles (my wife is an Eagles fan), I don't think they will pull this one off without a home field advantage.
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   HD921

HD921

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:55 PM

Belichick just seems to find a way to win. Although I am rooting for the Eagles (my wife is an Eagles fan), I don't think they will pull this one off without a home field advantage.

Best thing the eagles to do is not show up, They played in the weak NFC Hell the Redskins and Cowpies came close to beeting them, Eagles might be as good as the worst AFC team to make the playoffs, Sorry all I see is bird feathers everywhere.

#14 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:12 PM

Then again, I remember 1991 when the Giants were 7 point underdogs to the seemingly unstoppable Buffalo Bills. A close game and the kicker Scott Nor-wide took care of that.

I wouldn't be betting any money on the Eagles, but that Defense can mug many quarterbacks into looking bad. (Look what they did to Culpepper and Favre)
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   HD921

HD921

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:48 PM

Then again, I remember 1991 when the Giants were 7 point underdogs to the seemingly unstoppable Buffalo Bills. A close game and the kicker Scott Nor-wide took care of that.

I wouldn't be betting any money on the Eagles, but that Defense can mug many quarterbacks into looking bad. (Look what they did to Culpepper and Favre)

Yeah but that was when the NFC was a lot better than it is now, Let' s face it Bill bilichick will have the Pat's ready to play, and Andy Reid is not in the same league with him.

#16 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,189 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:20 AM

And I remember when the Patriots were, what, 14 point underdogs to the St. Louis Rams?

#17 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:58 AM

New England controls the clock and they have the Defense. I was hoping for a Steelers Victory but New England is just playing smart football Belichick has them playing to win. I think it will be another New England Super Bowl Victory and they secure there place in NFL history as being classified a Dynasty. What can one say i went with the under dogs in both conference championship games. They proved me wrong. Good luck to both teams.

#18 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:52 PM

New England controls the clock and they have the Defense. I was hoping for a Steelers Victory but New England is just playing smart football Belichick has them playing to win. I think it will be another New England Super Bowl Victory and they secure there place in NFL history as being classified a Dynasty. What can one say i went with the under dogs in both conference championship games. They proved me wrong. Good luck to both teams.

I was beginning to worry. I now feel much better about the Eagles chances now that Msguy has weighed in with his pick. I was worried he would continue with his underdog trend and go with the Eagles. I noticed however his post is considerably toned down. Come on Msguy, let them Eagles have it. Tell us how the Patriots are going to clip their wings and eat them like an appetizer. Come on man, "BASH THOSE BIRDS" ;) :lol:
EAGLES

#19 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:34 PM

I still get a feeling of excitement every time I see that and start to shed a tear of joy :) That last play of the game was something beautiful and something I will always cherish seeing live on TV. I was 5 years old at the time and even back then had a deep hatred for this team, don’t like the Giants one way or the other, but my football philosophy has always been ABB, any one but the Bills.

That said, I hope the Pats win the SB, and they probably will.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#20 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 09:19 AM

5 years old.

Dang, thanks for making me feel old. I was just married that year.

Posted Image

spam firewall