Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Super Bowl Winner:make Your Pick Now

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: WHO WILL WIN THE SUPER BOWL? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

WHO WILL WIN THE SUPER BOWL?

1. PATRIOTS (40 votes [72.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. EAGLES (15 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OFFLINE   jrrdy1380

jrrdy1380

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:39 PM

It will be a close game, but the Pats should win the game. Eagles are spending too much time worrying about if T.O. is going to be playing or not. The more time spent on that subject is a distraction for prep for the game even though the teams have a two week break.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:05 PM

It will be a close game, but the Pats should win the game. Eagles are spending too much time worrying about if T.O. is going to be playing or not. The more time spent on that subject is a distraction for prep for the game even though the teams have a two week break.

Yeah, after reading and listening to the T.O. saga over the last couple of days, the same thought crossed my mind. I hope my worries are unfounded. Hopefully the Philly coaches and players can overcome this distraction just as the Patriots must overcome the stuff being written and spoken concerning their assured victory and their rightful title as a dynasty. At this level of competition (everybody is extremely talented) The mental aspect is huge. Like I said, we shall see.
EAGLES

#23 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 08:47 AM

The Patriots and the Eagles have my ultimate respect for the way they approach the game. If you hear them talk, they NEVER underestimate their opponents. Their coaches manage to get the most out of unnoticed players and make them integral parts of their teams. No matter who's playing and who's not, these two teams always put on a fight (when the games matter at least - Philly's last two regular season games were most likely the only games I remember Reid literally forfeiting...) and they play as a team, and they lose as a team.

As much as you want to pick against them they always come back. For what is worth, last year's Eagles team did not have the talent and the pieces to even reach the NFC Championship game, let alone get home field advantage in the playoffs. All year long they've played with their secondary injured (as NEs this season) and game in and game out, someone stepped in and made plays). This year it was all about adjustments. NE went from a pass offense into a power run offense with Dillon, while their defense adjusts to the opponent's strenghts. Equally so, the Eagles adjusted to the Steeler's loss, became better against the run, and maintained the ability to spread the ball around and create plays from all the offensive pieces. People might say that the Eagles are an one dimensional team - I disagree. When they had to run the ball, they did so. When they had to play the screen pass, they did so with Westbrook. When they had to throw to the TEs they did so. They threw deep balls, short balls, short routes, cross routs, everything. That way, they kept the defenses at check while not being dependent on their stars. Sure, TO's a difference maker, and made things easier for everyone, but I didn't see the Eagles deviate from their plan anyways without TO. They still spread the ball, they still got clutch 3rd downs, and they still scored their average points per game. And an advantage to the Eagles this year - McNabb not having to run as much, kept him fresh in the pocket and allowed him to run only when there was no better option.

New England are also in similar fashion the elite of the AFC. They've fought through injuries, they've fought through diversity, and they are always there making plays when it counts. You can write them off as much as you want, but you know deep down that they are still the team to beat.

Now, for the rest of the teams: Watch and learn. Do not overspend on single players (i.e. Portis, etc. etc.) and noone is above the team. Both New England and Philadelphia let some big time Free Agents to walk in the past three years, but the teams never stopped functioning. You can't put a player above the team, and the best way to impose that, is by winning. When you win, noone puts their pride above the team. You handle adversity by winning. That's what these two teams do best. They win and in that way, they handle adversity.
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

#24 OFFLINE   neljtorres

neljtorres

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 08:59 AM

And I will dance with the fat lady in Puerto Rico.
EAGLES 27 Pats 10. TO will be the X factor

#25 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 09:39 AM

And I will dance with the fat lady in Puerto Rico.
EAGLES 27 Pats 10. TO will be the X factor

E A G L E S Eagalllls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EAGLES

#26 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,203 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:22 AM

...and if it's another Vinatieri FG at the close of the game? :)

#27 OFFLINE   sikma

sikma

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:54 PM

E A G L E S Eagalllls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Eagles guy, I you ready for some football :jumpingja

#28 OFFLINE   wolverine2005

wolverine2005

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:38 AM

We're seeing the Joe Montana in Tom Brady.
Go Patriots.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...