Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

More New Features from DBStalk.COM!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 16 June 2002 - 09:40 PM

The past week has been an exciting week for us here at DBStalk.COM!

On Monday we held our First Charlie Chat... CHAT!

On Wednesday, we started hosting The Echostar Knowledge Base! TNGTony has worked his butt off to bring us the EKB. We are proud to be able to host it! http://ekb.dbstalk.com

On Friday we launched our new sister site SatRadioTALK.com We hope to make this the premiere Satellite Radio sight on the Internet. We have some interesting things planned for this forum over the next couple of months. Satellite Radio is really starting to catch on, we look forward to this area taking off in a big way!

Chris and I have spent a lot of time this week adding new features to the board!

First off Chris worked all day today adding our New Spell Check feature! This has been one of our most requested features! Chris had to learn Pearl in order to port the Spell Checker to our board! GREAT JOB CHRIS!

Second, Chris also has put a new Chat program online. While our Java / IRC based chat worked well for us, people using WebTV units were unable to join us in our chats. This new Chat is hosted here on our own server. We think you will agree it is a nice piece of software.

Third, you may notice that below each message there are graphic icons (i.e. Profile, PM, Email, Search and buddy) you will see a new icon that looks like a printer. Click this button when you want to print out a post yet you don't want to print an entire thread.

Fourth if you click on the Search button which is found on the top right of the screen you will notice our new improved search! Now when you search you have more search options plus you can also see the last 10 searches which were done on DBStalk.COM

Fifth, if your posting a new message or replying to a message (and are not the Quick Reply Feature) you will notice that there is a new Spoiler button. A spoiler let you talk about a show or movie and not give away the plot or ending to those who don't wish to know.

A Spoiler looks something like this
Spoiler

To read the above spoiler just highlight where the text should be you will then see the hidden spoiler text! This button will be handy to those who couldn't remember the vB Code for it.

So as you can see we have been very busy to bring you our members the best and most state of the art forum found anywhere on the Internet.

Because of all the additions and the additional traffic we have received (and that we expect to receive) again we ask for your support. If you will notice our site is ad free! If you believe in what we are doing then please click on the Paypal link which is shown on the bottom of every page. If you would rather mail a check please contact Chris. We thank everyone for their support!

We hope you enjoy all the new additions! Were not done yet! Our goal is to stay 2 steps ahead of everyone else. :D

Thanks for making us a regular stop on your daily Internet browsing routine!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   STXJim

STXJim

Legend in my own mind

• Registered
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 June 2002 - 10:18 PM

Scott,
To everyone involved with running DBSTalk.........
:goodjob:

#3 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 17 June 2002 - 01:12 AM

I am very impressed with all you guys' hard work. I think it's safe to say that DBS Talk has pulled ahead in the comparison of the two forums websites.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

#4 OFFLINE   Dmitriy

Dmitriy

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 June 2002 - 01:28 AM

Originally posted by Scott Greczkowski
First off Chris worked all day today adding our New Spell Check feature! This has been one of our most requested features! Chris had to learn Pearl in order to port the Spell Checker to our board! GREAT JOB CHRIS!

YES, EXCELLENT JOB!:righton: THANK YOU!:)

#5 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 17 June 2002 - 03:14 AM

I ham jest sew happy too sea a spill chocker on the sight. Noun all I kneed is a homonym and grandma chocker. :)

Thanks for all the hard work!

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#6 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 17 June 2002 - 04:37 AM

WooooHooooo...........a spellchecker. :)
Cool, I'm the worlds worst speller, know all I need is a program to check my grammar.

Thanks guys......:righton:
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

#7 OFFLINE   Kevin

Kevin

Icon/Supporter

• Registered
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 June 2002 - 09:43 AM

I'd like to thank all the admins who spend their time working to improve DBSTalk.com! :righton: The hard work is starting to pay off and the site is looking great!

#8 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,822 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 17 June 2002 - 09:55 AM

:welcome: Way to go guys.....

Keep up the good work. :goodjob: Although, I think that you really should put in a Amazon Associates link. While it won't be much money, it will help though purchases. I can even e-mail the JavaScript code that I use to add in a Shop Amazon link to Favorites.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

spam firewall