Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

My Dishplayers went nuts this morning.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2001 - 06:27 AM

I woke up this morning and found one of my Displayers turned on and the other not wanting to record a show set to record at 5AM. I checked to see if there was a 7-day guide download and there wasn't. What the heck is going on Dish!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2001 - 07:40 AM

I woke up to a multi dish switch error too.

Grrrr!

Scott

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2001 - 08:40 AM

Me three! I had to unplug mine to get the multi-dish error off of the screen!

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2001 - 09:46 AM

I didn't get a switch error this morning but all last evening I kept getting the 5 minute bug. Makes me wonder if there is an error in the current 7-day guide which is why last night's download didn't work.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2001 - 05:29 AM

It happened again this morning. One DP was turned on and had a switch error. The other gave me the 5 minute bug. Still no 7-day guide for 2 days now.

This is getting VERY irritating. Dish really needs to offer Dishplayer owners a trade up program for the 501. The DP is a piece of crap!

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2001 - 08:01 AM

Me TOO:( I beleve a trade up will come but have no insider verification on this. I beleve my hard drive is going bad and have been trying to decide if its worth replacing. It even spins down really slow.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2001 - 08:28 AM

Switch Error this morning too.

Time to jam the phone lines to the Charlie Chat on Monday!

Also I am thinking about sending a letter to the Departement of Justice who is the group reviewing the Dish / DirecTV merger letting them know about the quality of Dish and their products.

Scott

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2001 - 08:24 PM

My wife is about ready to kill me! Because of this recent rash of bugs she lost a couple of recordings. This is not going to go on for much longer. I'm calling and writing Dish right now and demand that they replace both of my DP's with a 501. Not much better but hopefully more realiable.

spam firewall