Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Patriots Win The Super Bowl Again

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:02 AM

Congratulations to the New England Patriots. Philly Really Blew it there with just over 2 minutes to play. I wonder what they were thinking as many of you Eagles fans are wondering i bet? Congrats to New England. :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:15 AM

Perhaps a learning experience. :)

Good game.

FOX presentation was great.

#3 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:52 AM

Congratulations to the New England Patriots. Philly Really Blew it there with just over 2 minutes to play. I wonder what they were thinking as many of you Eagles fans are wondering i bet? Congrats to New England. :)

I was screaming at the TV. I couldn't believe the Eagles were taking their time when they got the ball with 5 minutes or so to go in the game, down by 10 points. (2 possessions needed to tie or win) Terrible clock management. If they score with 2 plus minutes left on the clock you wouldn't even have to consider the on sides kick. You kick deep and have the D go for the three and out. You have 2 timeouts and the 2 minute warning.If you stop them, you probablly get the ball back with close to 2 minutes left in decent field position with a strong leg kicker.
Even with what they were left with 1:49 after the score I wouldn't have attemted the OSK, and said it at the time. I'm no coach but within 10 seconds after the score I told my buddies the three options Reid had, and the two more likely ones involved the D having to stop the Pat's with a three and out. Option#1-OSK and recovery - great but highy unlikely. Option# 2 OSK Pats recover, D must stop and bad field position highly likely not much time on the clock. Option# 3-Deep kickoff, D must stop, Decent field position likely, not much time on clock but much more managable in getting into field goal position. Take your pick. :(
EAGLES

#4 OFFLINE   ntexasdude

ntexasdude

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:58 AM

I would have to agree Eagles. You'd think SB teams would have coaches who could have done a better job of time management. They way I see it the Eagles just didn't want it as bad as the Pats.

I'm not crying though. I'm a Cowboy fan and the Eagles are a much hated rival so I took great pleasure in their complete ineptness and incompetence and lack of talent and idiocy and....................whatever else bad you can think of. :lol:

Just kidding - the Eagles had great season. Unfortunately they will be remembered for the last 5 minutes of the SB.

Robert

#5 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:48 PM

I would have to agree Eagles. You'd think SB teams would have coaches who could have done a better job of time management. They way I see it the Eagles just didn't want it as bad as the Pats.

I'm not crying though. I'm a Cowboy fan and the Eagles are a much hated rival so I took great pleasure in their complete ineptness and incompetence and lack of talent and idiocy and....................whatever else bad you can think of. :lol:

Just kidding - the Eagles had great season. Unfortunately they will be remembered for the last 5 minutes of the SB.

Robert

There's a rumor floating around on the Eagles website bulletin board that McNabb was sick or hurt as a result of the hit he took from Seamour. I do remember him getting up and stretching his jaw. According to three players who were on WIP 610 AM sports radio in Philly, (J. Runion, H.Fraley, and F. Mitchell) McNabb was vomiting in the huddle and unable to call the plays. (mumbling) Mitchell said he actually had to call the plays in the huddle so the other players could hear. I'm assumuming they were referring to the end of the fourth quarter. To me it is incomprehensable that a professional coach and QB would not realize the need to and implement the hurry up offense with 5+ minutes remaining and down 2 scores.
I also found Reid's comments concerning this lack of execution puzzling. He said "we tried to get it going, but it didn't work out. "SAY WHAT".
These actions and comments are so out of line with what a good football team should be doing and saying it makes me wonder if this story has some credibility.
EAGLES

#6 OFFLINE   ntexasdude

ntexasdude

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 03:47 PM

That would explain a lot if it's true. Of course I heard another rumor that McNabb had a hangnail on his pinky and was crying for his mama and some chunky Campbells Soup. The big sissy. :D

#7 OFFLINE   sikma

sikma

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:16 PM

I hope that's the answer, as McNABB played awful....and yet they could have won???

#8 OFFLINE   durl

durl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:25 PM

There were a lot of puzzling things with the Eagles in that game. I didn't expect them to win, but I did NOT expect them to be do confused at the end of the game.

McNabb had a very good year but I still think he's a tad over-rated. I wonder what his 2004 yardage would be if they took out Yards After Completion because it seems to me Philly throws a lot of short passes and lets the receiver run for more yardage.

I'm waiting to see a new Eagles t-shirt: "Hey...at least we beat the spread!"

#9 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:16 PM

I wonder what his 2004 yardage would be if they took out Yards After Completion because it seems to me Philly throws a lot of short passes and lets the receiver run for more yardage.

Can you say Joe Montana and Jerry Rice? Not that I'm comparing McNabb to Montana, but thats the west coast offense conceived and implemented by Bill Walsh. That's how Montana racked up so many yards. They had to come up with a new offensive stat because of this type of offense, and more specifically the Montana and Rice tandem. It's called RAC yards. Run after Catch. Maybe your too young to remember.
EAGLES

#10 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:35 PM

Now they are saying that McNabb was sick and about to Puke in the last minutes of the game. Andy Reid said he could not exactly tell what was going on during those last 2 or so minutes. Maybe he was just sick because he knew that the Eagles were beat. I'd sure hate to be an Eagles fan. Everyone says they'll be back Next Year. I've been a Cubs Fan All my life and We've been saying "Next Year" For Generations Now. :lol:

#11 OFFLINE   ntexasdude

ntexasdude

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:15 PM

The West coast offense is nothing special now. Everybody tried to do it and defensive coordinators learned how to coach against it. It reminds me (sort of) when Tom Landry implemented the shotgun formation. Everybody started using it, even high school teams. One thing about the West coast offense is you have to have some tough guy receivers. Going 15 yards deep over the middle is not for the timid. Micheal Irvin and Troy Aikman were masters at it.

#12 OFFLINE   HD921

HD921

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:45 PM

There's a rumor floating around on the Eagles website bulletin board that McNabb was sick or hurt as a result of the hit he took from Seamour. I do remember him getting up and stretching his jaw. According to three players who were on WIP 610 AM sports radio in Philly, (J. Runion, H.Fraley, and F. Mitchell) McNabb was vomiting in the huddle and unable to call the plays. (mumbling) Mitchell said he actually had to call the plays in the huddle so the other players could hear. I'm assumuming they were referring to the end of the fourth quarter. To me it is incomprehensable that a professional coach and QB would not realize the need to and implement the hurry up offense with 5+ minutes remaining and down 2 scores.
I also found Reid's comments concerning this lack of execution puzzling. He said "we tried to get it going, but it didn't work out. "SAY WHAT".
These actions and comments are so out of line with what a good football team should be doing and saying it makes me wonder if this story has some credibility.

That's because the opened up the can on McNibble

#13 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:51 PM

That's because the opened up the can on McNibble

Say what? Is there a typo in there somewhere?
EAGLES

#14 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:08 PM

Now they are saying that McNabb was sick and about to Puke in the last minutes of the game. Andy Reid said he could not exactly tell what was going on during those last 2 or so minutes. Maybe he was just sick because he knew that the Eagles were beat. I'd sure hate to be an Eagles fan. Everyone says they'll be back Next Year. I've been a Cubs Fan All my life and We've been saying "Next Year" For Generations Now. :lol:

Yeah I hear you. The Eagles have been a contender for some time now. In todays NFL it's hard to stay on or near the top for an extended period. I hope I'm wrong, but I think this year was their best shot at a title. If McNabb had an average game they win. Do you think he "lumped up" in the clutch?
EAGLES

#15 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:53 PM

I don't think he lumped up in the Clutch. The Patriots were just better. The Eagles as you say have been a contender for sometime Now and this year was there best shot in my honest opinion. The NFC has been weak and The Eagles seem to be the strongest team. But Teams in the NFC will adjust and I wouldn't put my money on the Eagles to go to the Super Bowl again Next year.

#16 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,620 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:58 PM

Just as an aside... isn't it interesting how for many years the story was how strong the NFC was, and how the weak AFC had no chance.... but in recent years we have seen a power shift... Philly being the class of the NFC, then everybody else... and the AFC has strong contenders year after year it seems.

#17 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,206 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 11 February 2005 - 09:44 AM

McNabb is now denying he was sick and says he's sick of hearing about the non-incident.

#18 OFFLINE   ntexasdude

ntexasdude

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:59 AM

Yeah, saw that in the paper yesterday. He's also a little miffed at some teammates for talking to the press about it. Sounds like there may be a little dissension in the Philly bench.

Robert

Protected By... spam firewall...And...