Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FCC Proposed Rules from SHVERA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   RaceTrack

RaceTrack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:59 PM

Well atleast they got my area correct. I on the edge of the Fort Smith,ARK/Tulsa,OK, DMA. (Just barely in Fort Smith,ARK DMA on the oklahoma side..) But the SV channels are most of the Tulsa,ok market which is correct here. UPN and WB are not on the list, But they are pretty new, So I didnt expect that at all. I hope Dish offer the SV channels.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,254 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:57 PM

If it were mine to rewrite, I'd write it like this:

1) If a station is in the position to be able to block reception of distant network signals, that station is significantly viewed and can be sold to that subscriber without the consent of the TV station.

2) Any station that is considered to be providing a grade B signal intesity signal to a subscriber is significantly viewed and can be sold to the subscriber.

And of course:

3) All LP and CA stations shall be carried upon station request unless their content duplicates an existing signal provided to all subscribers in the station's market.

(Again, a complete reversal of the true rules where it is 100% up to the satellite carrier if a LP signal is carried.)

If (in our perfect world) #2 goes in to effect I would add "If a satellite carrier provides any local station to a subscriber that subscriber must receive ALL local analog or digital only station that has Grade B coverage to the subscriber's community."

JL
Back to reality in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

#103 OFFLINE   tonyp56

tonyp56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:34 PM

The way I feel about all of this, if I can pull the channel in with an antenna, then I should be able to get it via satellite, cable, jack in the box, etc... I think I am almost to the point of buying an OTA antenna and buying myself a OTA HDTV STB (because I am starting to not like the 811), plug it into my open componet and cancel Dish Networks locals. Use only the DTV stations so I have crystal clear picture and be done with it.
Dish 811
SW: P380
Hardware ID: LADD-N
Boot Strap Version: 1014
Two Dish 301s
RCA/Dish Network 40" Widescreen HDTV
RCA RT2600 DD5.1, DTS, DPL 1-2 Surround Sound System

For a free alternative to MS Office, check out www.openoffice.org

Thanks,
Tony P.

#104 OFFLINE   timpurdy

timpurdy

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:01 PM

I now receive local NY channels on 380-388 as well as the west coast channels. I also receive the same local NY channels on 880-901.

Living in NY, if I choose to keep non-locals on 380-388, will the NY locals be disconnected on channels 880-901 too.

Thanks and appreciation for any help.

TimP
New York

Protected By... spam firewall...And...