Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
FCC Proposed Rules from SHVERA
Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:59 PM
Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:57 PM
And of course:
If it were mine to rewrite, I'd write it like this:
1) If a station is in the position to be able to block reception of distant network signals, that station is significantly viewed and can be sold to that subscriber without the consent of the TV station.
2) Any station that is considered to be providing a grade B signal intesity signal to a subscriber is significantly viewed and can be sold to the subscriber.
3) All LP and CA stations shall be carried upon station request unless their content duplicates an existing signal provided to all subscribers in the station's market.
(Again, a complete reversal of the true rules where it is 100% up to the satellite carrier if a LP signal is carried.)
If (in our perfect world) #2 goes in to effect I would add "If a satellite carrier provides any local station to a subscriber that subscriber must receive ALL local analog or digital only station that has Grade B coverage to the subscriber's community."
Back to reality in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:34 PM
Hardware ID: LADD-N
Boot Strap Version: 1014
Two Dish 301s
RCA/Dish Network 40" Widescreen HDTV
RCA RT2600 DD5.1, DTS, DPL 1-2 Surround Sound System
For a free alternative to MS Office, check out www.openoffice.org
Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:01 PM
Living in NY, if I choose to keep non-locals on 380-388, will the NY locals be disconnected on channels 880-901 too.
Thanks and appreciation for any help.