Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Whats The New Channel Gonna Be?????????

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   JeffH

JeffH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:30 PM

from what i understand it is a requirement to promote sky angel to be onboard.

Yes. But a small price to pay for FREE carriage.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,295 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:42 PM

Yes. But a small price to pay for FREE carriage.

Free is a high price when it is purely the Dominion's opinion that the network has paid "the price" of promotion. Remember that SkyAngel was ready to give Daystar the boot.

Personally, I'd rather pay cash for carriage.

JL

#23 OFFLINE   JeffH

JeffH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:02 PM

Free is a high price when it is purely the Dominion's opinion that the network has paid "the price" of promotion. Remember that SkyAngel was ready to give Daystar the boot.

Personally, I'd rather pay cash for carriage.

JL

I am looking forward to the day when Daystar is gone from the lineup.

I do agree that these networks should pay for carriage. Maybe they would have more incentive to promote Sky Angel.

I guess you can tell that I have little good for most of these networks, meaning Daystar, INSP etc... "I broke the back of poverty with a $1000 pledge" :rolleyes: Which TV preacher said that?

#24 OFFLINE   rid0617

rid0617

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 10:00 AM

i wish they would offer more family friendly programming instead of more preachers convincing you that God is a 401k. I heard a comedian a while back that said to beware of preachers who say give to God but mail it to their post office box.

#25 OFFLINE   JeffH

JeffH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:12 PM

I have been constantly checking Sky Angel’s TV channel lineup page to see if a new channel is listed yet to replace INSP. I am also looking for the March e-newsletter. One thing I noticed is that CTN Detroit is no longer listed. The Sky Angel link is still at the CTN web site though. Maybe Sky Angel is updating the web page?

In the February/March issue of NRB magazine Glenn Plummer says “Farewell” as the Chairman/CEO of the National Religious Broadcasters. Glenn wants to “pursue the development of my own TV network. With the help and grace of the Lord, (and a little help from some friends), I intend to build a major television force in America.”

I wonder if Sky Angel is a part of his plans? It will be interesting to see what happens.

Jeff

#26 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:16 PM

Total Living Network is coming to Sky Angel on or around 4/20/05 on channel 9714. This probably means that CTN - Detroit will be leaving the line-up.
http://www.skyangel....tter/#whatsnews

No word on the replacement for INSP

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#27 OFFLINE   JeffH

JeffH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:18 PM

Hot off the press (March E-Newsletter that is).

TLN is coming to Sky Angel ch 9714 approx. April 20.

Is CTN Detroit going away?

Jeff

#28 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:22 PM

The only secular program I see is Little House on the Prairie and only three times a week. The good news for some folks is Shepard's Chappel plays every day.

Here is the program schedule:
http://www.tln.com/g...030705_chi.html

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#29 OFFLINE   JeffH

JeffH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:30 AM

The only secular program I see is Little House on the Prairie and only three times a week. The good news for some folks is Shepard's Chappel plays every day.

Here is the program schedule:
http://www.tln.com/g...030705_chi.html

See ya
Tony

I understand that Hallmark has the national rights to Little House so TLN may not be able to air this program nation wide on Sky Angel, unless they can renegotiate for the rights. The Hallmark channel is in Sky Angel's future anyway so I guess it doesn't make any difference.

I don't think we need any more of Arnold Murray though. Do a Google search on some of these TV preachers sometime.

Jeff

Protected By... spam firewall...And...