Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV to carry 37 additional Pax-affiliate stations

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 04:51 AM

Despite the U.S. Supreme Court today rejecting appeals from the direct broadcast satellite industry (DirecTV and soon-to-be parent Echostar) to reverse the must-carry rules requiring carriage of local TV stations, Paxson Communications Corporation sealed with DirecTV for the additional carriage of 37 TV stations affiliated with Pax TV.

Jeff Sagansky, president and CEO of Paxson Communications, said in a statement that the carriage of family-friendly Pax TV stations will now allow local advertisers "to reach the high-end DirecTV customer" associated with DBS provider. In some key markets, such as KPXN-TV in Los Angeles, DirecTV is already providing carriage to local subscribers.

The following is a partial list of 37 Pax TV stations that are launching on DirecTV's lineup (stations with asterisks are still have pending issues but expect to launch in several weeks): WPXN-TV in New York; WCPX-TV in Chicago; WPPX-TV in Philadelphia; KKPX-TV in San Francisco; WBPX-TV in Boston; KPXD-TV in Dallas; WPXW-TV * in Washington; WPXA-TV in Atlanta; WPXD-TV in Detroit; KPXB-TV in Houston; KWPX-TV in Seattle; KPXM-TV in Minneapolis; WXPX-TV * in Tampa; WPXM-TV in Miami; KPPX-TV in Phoenix; WVPX-TV in Cleveland; KPXC-TV in Denver; and KSPX-TV in Sacramento.

Click here for the rest of the story
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Karl Foster

Karl Foster

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 10:18 AM

The Pax station is up and running here in SLC on D* (channel 16). What a waste! Now I have two Pax stations (national and local) that have 12 hours of "Paid Programming" every day.
"If you took the time to get to know me, well, you'd be wasting your time. I am exactly who you think I am." - Earl Hickey

#3 OFFLINE   lee635

lee635

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 02:49 PM

With AT50 + locals, I don't get a local Pax or the Pax national feed. I wish E* would add Pax national feed to all local lineups.

#4 OFFLINE   kmccoach

kmccoach

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 09:41 PM

Karl:

At least you get a chance to watch Murder She Wrote twice. The sight of her gives me the willies.

Keith

Protected By... spam firewall...And...