Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

P123 spooling for 501's

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2001 - 08:17 AM

I got the new p123 software revision over the weekend for my 501. The downloading process for this one was longer than previous versions have been...I about fried my 501 by interrupting it halfway through. I had to unplug the 501 and pull the smart card for a half hour or so to force it to download the software again. The download itself took almost a half hour as well. If you see the power light blinking for an extended period of time, don't touch the 501! When it stops blinking and no lights are on on the front of the unit, the download should be done.

As for improvements, they aren't readily apparent. It's been reported that this update is supposed to fix some of the file system instability. We'll see, and if I get any definitive information, I'll post it.

As reported over at dbsforums, this update is being rolled out slowly to subs - with the first 5000 units getting the update first. I bought mine before day 1 or release, so if you don't have the update yet, it'll be coming sometime soon. I did NOT lose any recordings with this update, so hopefully they have solved that problem at least.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...