Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

ATTENTION DISHPLAYER OWNERS!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2001 - 03:49 PM

DISHPlayer owners, has firmware version 114 caused the blinkouts to return for you? (If you aren't sure or haven't seen them turn to Disney E channel 171 for 5 mins and you'll know - Disney E has them the most frequently (but other channels have them!). If yes, it would be appreciated if you would also post what channel numbers.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2001 - 08:52 PM

That should be Disney East Channel 172. 171 is Nickelodeon W and is fine...

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2001 - 07:02 AM

From Admin: This thread has been moved here to the General Discussion forum for greater visibility. We'll probably move it back to the DP/501 forum when responses get light. I hope that everyone that has a DP responds...

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2001 - 12:39 PM

I haven't experienced any of the blinkouts as reported by the "Bear". But for the last two days I have had a problem with recording the last few minutes of "Hart to Hart" on the Hallmark channel. I am away at work while it is recording, but yesterday and the day before at almost the very same time, the lending of the show pixellated very badly and then blanked out. I think it is too late in the year to attribute it to solar equinox interference, but I may be wrong. Anyone else have problems near noon (Pacific Standard Time) with Hallmark or other channels?

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2001 - 02:23 PM

So far, it's exactly 50/50. That is about the same as last fall. Somehow I suspect that with 114 they actually DOWNGRADED the firmware and assigned it a higher version...

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2001 - 06:33 PM

It's a shame you can't keep the DP seperated from the 501, as they are two different products with two completely differnt upgrade issues.
...~Jim~

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2001 - 04:51 PM

It turns out that I had a problem in my surge protector. I retract my "YES" vote.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2001 - 11:25 PM

The poll is now closed

spam firewall