Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

522 not recording

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blockisle9

blockisle9

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:51 PM

First If this has already been asked I'm sorry.
What would make the 522 all of a sudden miss timers? It has never done this before, I came home and found the 522 not recording. When I hit the guide I found 2 shows that I have set up to record (NCIS and Law & Order) but was not marked to record. They are both first run (new) episode's. When I scanned ahead in the guide those same shows are marked to record. When I look at the schedule it doesn't even show them as skipped.
Any ideas?
Thank You
Lenny

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:58 PM

I have noticed this on mine as well. Each time you setup a timer the one that you setup before it has priority over it. This means that if another timer was to fire at the same time and there was no alternative tuner to record it on it will skip the timer with the lowest priority. On the schedule the lower down on the list the event is listed the lower the priority. Those shows towards the top of the list have the highest priority. You can change the priority. They really need to show those shows that are skipped. Sometimes I see the shows that are skipped with a line drawn through it and an X in a red circle instead of which tuner is going to record it.

#3 OFFLINE   blockisle9

blockisle9

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for the reply,
I'm not sure that is whats going on with mine.
Example: CSI set up for all episodes on CBS. The day in queston I had no other timers scheduled. When I look at the guide it doesn't even have it listed as a set timer.
What I did was DELETE all my timers and then set them up again.
This seemed to solve the problem for now, I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 09:47 AM

The 522 works best when you do a weekly power button reboot. Mine blew a recording of the retail dealer chat on the 17th I suspect the latest software has some bugs starting to show up.

#5 OFFLINE   rrp13

rrp13

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:37 PM

My 522 is exhibiting the same problem. Any timers I have set for All or New episodes have nothing scheduled to record. Timers set manually, or for M-F or Wkly have shows scheduled to record. This same thing happened 2 weeks ago. At that time, I deleted every timer and recreated all of them only to see this same thing happen again today. I just tried rebooting the 522 by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the receiver. That had absolutley no effect on the scheduled timers. Anybody have any other suggestions? This is definitely not a priority conflict. This is timers not being set, period.

Richie

#6 OFFLINE   run2w8s

run2w8s

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:23 PM

I was also losing timers and had dish network send me a new PVR-522. Installed it a few days ago. It had the same problem today.

#7 OFFLINE   mrschwarz

mrschwarz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:34 PM

Was something else recording? The 522 has priority issues when the timer is created on one tuner. Even if the other tuner is idle, the timer will not record.

#8 OFFLINE   run2w8s

run2w8s

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:28 AM

Another user suggested that when he setup a timer (I assume a DISHpass search) that was looking for JON CRYER in "info" (instead of "title"), it seemed to clear up his problems of other timers not working. (you could search for something other than JON CRYER.) I tried it yesterday and then did a "Check Switch" from the installation screens. It did seem to make a broken timer recognize that episodes where coming up over the next couple of days. These episodes where visible in the guide before this trick was attempted, but the timer didn't "see" them until after the trick. Your milage may vary and this may not "fix" it permanently for me.

#9 OFFLINE   blockisle9

blockisle9

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:29 PM

I fixed it by, deleting all my timers then set them all up again, That seems to have solved the problem. "At least for now"

#10 OFFLINE   CopyChief

CopyChief

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:20 AM

Yes, deleting all the timers and setting them up again fixed my problem, too. Oddly enough, I found it happened right after a power-button reboot because I had been experiencing an increasing number of audio drops and audio/video sync problems. Sheesh.

spam firewall