Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

How to Reset DP EPG Download Timer?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2001 - 07:09 AM

Our DishPlayer has decided that the next EPG download is to occur on Friday, September 20, 2002. Has anybody found a good way to reset it? Power-off/remove and replace smart card, 7225000 and 32768 didn't help. I didn't really want to do the Jenny code unless I could be reasonably sure it would fix it. It's a 7100 purchased in June 1999 with a Maxtor 20gb hard drive installed last year after the original drive failed.

TIA,
Dick

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2001 - 07:43 AM

Try the 711 code by itself first. If that doesn't work try this procedure:

With the receiver ON, pull the smartcard for a count of 10. After it reboots, turn it off and use the 711 code to see if you have a date that is 3 AM tomorrow. If not, turn your receiver off and check (using the 711 code) a couple of hours latter. This method does work for some Dishplayers.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2001 - 09:37 PM

I had the same problem with my Dishplayer 7100. For the past couple of days I was not receiving my 3AM EPG download. I did the 711 code to see when the next download was scheduled. It said my next one was January 17,2004.

I tried the 722500 & 32768 codes & neither one worked. I called Dish & the CSR sugested trying the Multi-Switch check. I did, it will cause you to do the 5 minute EPG download. I then rechecked when my next download was scheduled & sure enough it was back to normal. If all else fails give it a try. :)

spam firewall