Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Losing odd transponders on Superdish 121

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   2Newfs

2Newfs

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:53 PM

A have a 921 and 510 hooked up to a Superdish with a DP34 Switch. Over the last few days I have been losing my Dish locals from the 121 location. This is true for both receivers. The signal strength on 110 and 119 are both over 110. I am getting a lock on 121 even numbered transponders with strenth between 70 and 80. The odd numbered transponders do not lock at jump around between 0 and 70+. The check switch results show everything to be fine but the screen on the 510 only shows the receipt of even numbered transponders.

The problem I have is that this condition comes and goes. I'm afraid that when the tech gets here everything will be working fine. Does anyone have any idea whether this is likely a bad LNB, switch, or cable moisture. I checked the ends of the cable but didn't see any sign of moisture. The weather has been warm (by Wisconsin standards) and sunny.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 01:54 PM

The FSS satellite at 121 has two degree spacing on the satellites the DBS satellites at 119 & 110 have 10 degree spacing if your dish has moved slightly it will affect the 121 satellite before the DBS satellites will show any effect. The signal you are quoting on 121 seems low for that satellite. Do you know what it was right after installation? I suspect a very slight movement will restore your reception.

#3 OFFLINE   2Newfs

2Newfs

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for the reply. The 121 location has always been in the 70 to 80 range. I was told this is normal since the locals have a lower powered signal. If the dish was out of alignment I would think I would lose both the even and the odd transponders. I don't have any problems with locking on the even ones. That's why I'm thinking it might be something other than alignment.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,887 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:12 PM

You'll need check voltage drop at 121 LNBF, while switching odd/even transponders on setup screen; if it goes lover then +12 VDC, then check every connector and switch.
You could start measuring from sat-in connector of DP34 then climb up to LNBF.

#5 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:28 PM

You'll need check voltage drop at 121 LNBF, while switching odd/even transponders on setup screen; if it goes lover then +12 VDC, then check every connector and switch.
You could start measuring from sat-in connector of DP34 then climb up to LNBF.

Dish Pro only outputs 18volts it dosen't use voltage switching it is bandstacked instead. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...