Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV what channels are cut by SHVERA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   timpurdy

timpurdy

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:22 PM

I now receive DirecTV local NY channels on 380-388 as well as the west coast channels. I also receive the same local NY channels on 880-901.

Living in NY, if I choose to keep non-locals on 380-388, will the NY locals be disconnected on channels 880-901 too.

Thanks and appreciation for any help.

TimP
New York

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Greg Bimson

Greg Bimson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:58 AM

Yes. You will lose the New York feeds on both 880-901, and the New York feeds on the even channel numbers in the 380's. You will only be left with the Los Angeles channels on the odd channel numbers in the 380's.

#3 ONLINE   Joe C

Joe C

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 09:35 AM

timpurdy were do you live in NY ? I ask this because I'm in the NY DMA and used to sub to DNS and the NY locals. One day I called D and had them drop the NY DNS feeds only. I still retained my NY LOCALS and they show up in the 380's like before. I could not see paying twice for the same 4 channels.

spam firewall