Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Does anyone own a Denon 4802 reveiver?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MrFooks

MrFooks

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:47 PM

I am having a major problem with my 4802 and am completely baffled.
I am hoping some members are going to offer some good advice.
I have had the 4802 that came with the touch screen remote for a couple of years.
I run my dish 921 audio with fiber optic through it. Picture is fed independently via an HDMI cable since the 4802 doesn't offer HDMI switching.
I select dbs/sat for the audio from my dish 921.

I also have a Denon 2910 DVD player that I run audio through a coaxial cable input.
The picture is fed via component cable

I also connect my computer through a fiber optic input on the VDP input for audio playback only purposes.

I just purchased a Sony DVD recorder, and for the life of me I cannot get it to play back any audio, unless I connect to the inputs where my dvd player had been connected.
When I do this the Sony will play back in full 6.1 DD or DTS no problem.
If I then try to re-connect the 2910 to a different input, then that won't give me any audio.
I have tried using a fiber optic cable and coax cable for audio and have re-assigned the digital inputs on the Denon 4802.

My question for the members I guess is this, "Is it possible that some of the digital inputs could have gone bad on the 4802.
Please bare in mind that I have tried re-assigning fiber and coax in the 4802 set up menu all to no avail.
If I switch the cables around that on one of the working dvd players both will perform perfectly, so I know the DVD players each have their own repsective menus set up correctly.

Any takers on this one?
Sorry to be so long winded but I wanted to explain as much as possible.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JM Anthony

JM Anthony

Child of the 60's

• Gold Members
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:12 PM

I've got a 4802-R. My suggestion would be to contact the dealer your got yours from and ask them your questions. If that's not possible, I suggest contact Magnolia Audio/Video in Seattle (206.525.1961). I bought my Dennon from then along with a ton of other gear over the last 35 years. They are exceptionally good folks to work with.

Good luck and let me know how it works out. The 4802 is a great unit and I hope you get it back up and running soon.
John Anthony
and Gus, the 22# Wonder Cat
E* since ‘96

spam firewall