Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ESPNU Blackouts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gbranch

gbranch

Legend

• Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 01:46 PM

Has anyone yet figured out the blackout policy on ESPNU on D*?

The Big12 tournament is coming up. I live in Texas, and our local UPN affiliate carries the ESPN+ games, but will not carry any games during UPN primetime. IOW, the Thursday night games will not be shown.

I am considering temporarily adding the Sports Pak to see the Thursday night games on ESPNU, but won't bother if the games that should be showing on our UPN are blacked out.

TIA,
GSB

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   homeskillet

homeskillet

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:38 PM

I have a feeling that they probably will be blacked out... I'm guessing the states in the Big XII coverage area will be blacked out. Some 2nd round games are on ESPN-2 I think?

#3 OFFLINE   oz615

oz615

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 12:44 AM

I have a feeling that they probably will be blacked out... I'm guessing the states in the Big XII coverage area will be blacked out. Some 2nd round games are on ESPN-2 I think?

well im in Tennessee and i was blacked out,plus the game wan't on ESPN2 neither

#4 OFFLINE   shy007

shy007

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:23 AM

I live in SC and the games were blacked out..... This channel might be a waste is everything is blacked out.....

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,854 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:43 PM

I would assume the blackout policy is the same as it is for the other channels, unless they say otherwise... Typically any local ("local" defined loosely in some cases) market game will be blacket out if it is available on a local channel/network.

For instance, I'm in ACC country... and even though ESPN has the tourney in high-def... I can't watch it... I'm watching on my local affiliate, which even though it has the capability ot high-def isn't showing it... instead is showing standard def. Go figure.

#6 OFFLINE   shy007

shy007

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:44 AM

I know that policy but the Big XII was not in SC area and the games were still balcked out.... I'm not sure why they did that....

Protected By... spam firewall...And...