Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Thanks, HD Net & VOOM!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,210 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 11 March 2005 - 03:36 PM

Live concerts in HD on the B·I·G S·C·R·E·E·N are nothing short of fantastic! They're even more fantastic when enjoyed at home within the cost of my sat tv subscriptions. Recently, I've enjoyed several concerts on HDNet and VOOM. First class musical entertainment in stunningly beautiful high-definition, and in the comfort of my own home theater. Most recently, an event that I've viewed several times over is Alison Krause & Union Station on HDNet. At the moment, and while this is being written, I'm enjoying none other than the incrediblePhil Collins - First Farewell Tour on VOOM's Rave HD channel.

I didn't realize just how much my HD subscriptions are saving me compared to the price of a pair or two of orchestra seats every now and then!

[B]Alison Krauss & Union Station at Atlanta's Fabulous Fox Theatre[/B]

[B][U]Event[/U]            [U]Date[/U]         [U]Time[/U]        [U]Venue[/U][/B] 
Alison Krauss    04/09/05     8:00 PM     Fox Theatre 

Sec: PIT C Row: PIT [B]$225[/B]
Sec: PIT L Row: PIT [B]$200[/B]
Sec: PIT R Row: PIT [B]$200[/B]
Sec: ORC C Row: ORCH [B]$150[/B]
Sec: LRA C Row: LOGE [B]$110[/B]
Look how much I'm saving! I figure at least a thousand buckeroos a pop! :eek: Hey, you gofigure it your way, and I'll gofigure it mine! :grin:

Cya

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 05:24 PM

Live concerts in HD on the B·I·G S·C·R·E·E·N are nothing short of fantastic! They're even more fantastic when enjoyed at home within the cost of my sat tv subscriptions. Recently, I've enjoyed several concerts on HDNet and VOOM. First class musical entertainment in stunningly beautiful high-definition, and in the comfort of my own home theater. Most recently, an event that I've viewed several times over is Alison Krause & Union Station on HDNet. At the moment, and while this is being written, I'm enjoying none other than the incrediblePhil Collins - First Farewell Tour on VOOM's Rave HD channel.

I didn't realize just how much my HD subscriptions are saving me compared to the price of a pair or two of orchestra seats every now and then!

[B]Alison Krauss & Union Station at Atlanta's Fabulous Fox Theatre[/B]

[B][U]Event[/U]            [U]Date[/U]         [U]Time[/U]        [U]Venue[/U][/B] 
Alison Krauss    04/09/05     8:00 PM     Fox Theatre 

Sec: PIT C Row: PIT [B]$225[/B]
Sec: PIT L Row: PIT [B]$200[/B]
Sec: PIT R Row: PIT [B]$200[/B]
Sec: ORC C Row: ORCH [B]$150[/B]
Sec: LRA C Row: LOGE [B]$110[/B]
Look how much I'm saving! I figure at least a thousand buckeroos a pop! :eek: Hey, you gofigure it your way, and I'll gofigure it mine! :grin:

Cya

Enjoy it while you can. Voom is broke!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#3 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 05:37 PM

Voom is broke!

Really?!?!?! I hadn't heard that they were having problems. :lol:
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,305 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:54 PM

Really?!?!?! I hadn't heard that they were having problems. :lol:

Yeah. As good as dbstalk.com is, the radical Voomers are not here to cuss and discuss Voom as much as the other guy's website. :rolleyes: Of course, that site isn't as friendly to those that don't drink the Kool Aid.

I'm glad people are enjoying their Voom. I hope they get to enjoy it for a long long time. Voom itself is an excelent service - it is a shame that the future is so unsure.

JL

#5 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 21,210 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:57 PM

Hey Paul, thanks for the news flash! Who KNEW? :shrug: :lol: But obviously, you missed the point. (I hate it when that happens to me! :) )

I'm not just talking about VOOM. I'm talking about the pleasure of enjoying concerts in HD in general, not from any particular provider.

In the future, please try to pay attention. :D

Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#6 OFFLINE   homer1

homer1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:50 AM

I don't understand why some are so down on voom. Don't they have a free install going on? I proably would'nt want to drop 500 bucks upfront on Voom, but a dollar install, what do you have to loose? It definately has more HD then I receive on my 921, and I had to put 500 bucks out for it! Yeah I know voom does'nt know dvr, yet, there are ways around that with a htpc anyway. Should'nt we all hope for more HD providers in the future. Competition is a good thing for us consumers!

#7 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 21,210 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:05 AM

Well said, Homer. Competition IS a good thing. Not only does competition give us more and better choices, but it tends to hold subscription prices down as well.

Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#8 OFFLINE   stanleee

stanleee

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:46 PM

Make sure you catch Gloria Estefan. That girl can perform and the Miami Sound Machine is great. And she is sweet looking as an understatement :lol: :lol:

#9 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:46 PM

Ah, Gloria.... She has a house and a business here and was going to do a benefit concert here in Vero Beach after the hurricanes last year. The city council got in the way trying to micro manage and making disparaging comments about her so she withdrew her offer. One of the two council members who most offended her got voted out last week.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

spam firewall