Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DBSTalk NCAA Basketball Tourney

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:09 AM

See how you stack up against your fellow DBSTalk members.

Go to Yahoo's tournament site and fill out a bracket:

Group ID: 85732
Password: play2win

For those who are interested, I'm also running an optional $5 pool for the tournament.Click here for details.

This pool is entirely separate from the website and is a private affair. You do NOT have to pay into the pool just to sign up for competition purposes.

BRACKETS CLOSE: Thu Mar 17 12:15pm EST
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:33 PM

We've got 5 folks signed up thus far. I know we can get a lot more. Time is of essense as the brackets close in a day and a half.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

#3 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:43 AM

Tick tock tick tock... just about 24 hours till the brackets close. Get signed up!

6 players thus far, half taking a dip in the pool.

#4 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:54 AM

Deadline to get teams in and brackets completed is noon today (eastern!)

#5 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 10:19 AM

Less than 1 hour before brackets close!

#6 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:03 PM

Oh well, only 7 players. So who's who? I'm not certain who a couple of players are based on the email/yahoo ids.

Danny's Pick-em = me, Danny R
Tusk = Tusk
Guido_UL = Ray Clum
This isn't fantasy football? = cdru
Sparkman = ???
Kani = mwgiii
The Sage's Collection = ???

#7 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:30 PM

We'll it looks like I'm in first place again in this contest. Woo hoo. Of course so are the rest of you but I'll ignore that fact.

Good luck everyone. Looks like it could be interesting come the later rounds.

#8 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:54 PM

Currently Sage is in the lead, no mistakes at all yet after the first 4 games.

Sparkman is in 2nd I believe, with 3 out of 4. But his taking Alabama up to the sweet 16 might cost him points later.

#9 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 04:42 PM

Sage is a genius thus far, going 8 for 8.

#10 OFFLINE   Bama Mac

Bama Mac

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 04:49 PM

:crying_sa :crying_sa :crying_sa :crying_sa

:icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

#11 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 04:59 PM

Cheering for Alabama were we? ;)

#12 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:32 PM

Cheering for Alabama were we? ;)

What was your first hint?

#13 OFFLINE   JM Anthony

JM Anthony

Child of the 60's

• Gold Members
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:49 PM

Go Huskies!! EweDub has a very fun team to watch this year. They are soooooo quick they can crash six, count 'em six, guys to the boards and never get beaten going to other way. Catch 'em if you can.
John Anthony
and Gus, the 22# Wonder Cat
E* since ‘96

#14 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:43 PM

Wow Sage... 14 out of 16 of the first games. Not too shabby!

#15 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:56 PM

Wow, what I'd do to have that accuracy. Sage is mopping up with 18 of 20 games correctly predicted.

By chance do you have tonight's lottery numbers?

#16 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:14 PM

Wow, what I'd do to have that accuracy. Sage is mopping up with 18 of 20 games correctly predicted.

By chance do you have tonight's lottery numbers?

He should have done a Pick-10 in Vegas. Correctly pick 10 teams against the spread and a $20 bet becomes $12,000. Helluva lot more then the $15 he could have won here.

It's still fairly close. Most of the effect of the upsets can be minimized if they go out the next round. Only Alabama, LSU, and UCLA did people pick to go into round 3.

Some of the higher seeded teams though need to figure out what's going wrong in their game. LSU got walked over, and Wake Forest and Ok. St both struggled for a while before pulling ahead.

#17 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 04:34 PM

Sage is up to 22 of 24 now.

Of course second round might turn things for the rest of us. Nobody seems to have made a critical error and picked a team for the finals that's been eliminated yet.

#18 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:11 AM

Can I suck any worse at this? In the three games I'm in, I'm in last place in every one.

#19 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:01 PM

Can I suck any worse at this? In the three games I'm in, I'm in last place in every one.

I too am in 3 different pools. I have no idea how I'm doing in my other bracket as it's not scored until the end (hand scored). My other pool I'm in is a grid. I have 2-9 and 3-7 as my W-L last digit number. I've come close a few times, but haven't hit yet. C'est la vie. So much for illegal office gambling.

For those that are interested, Yahoo does have a scenario generator where you can play with who wins in the later rounds and what effect it has on the scoring.

#20 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 02:33 PM

For those that are interested, Yahoo does have a scenario generator where you can play with who wins in the later rounds and what effect it has on the scoring.

Yeah, that is rather run to play with. I do still theoretically have a chance to win if everything goes down my way for the remainder of games.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...