Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

EI Package in NE Pa

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Spooky

Spooky

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:30 PM

Greetings:

I live in Northeastern Pa in zipcode 18324 (Bushkill). I am considering ordering the EI package. My local teams, according to DTV are the Mets, Yankees, and with the sports package, the Pirates. My question is that will the Philadelphia Phillies be blacked out of the EI package when they are playing teams that are televising the games on the distant Fox Sports Stations? For example, if the Phillies are playing the Diamondbacks and are being televised on Fox Sports Arizona, will they be blacked out. I talked to a few peole and I have heard every answer under the book. For the record I called DTV and they told me I would get all Phillies games unless they are sold out!!!! (Boy, talk about misinformed). Anyway, here is what I can gather for other sources:

1. In that zip code, the Phillies are also considered my home team (they think).
2. Since Comcast Phila, which shows most of the Phillies games, are a cable outlet and not up on satellite, I can't be receiving those games on DTV because they are unavailable.
3. Since 18324 is part of the Phillies home territory (?), when opposing teams show the games on the their fox sports stations (Arizona, LA, Florida, etc), they will be blacked out because they cannot show my home team on the out of market EI package?

This all makes sense to me, but it is unbelieveable if true because anyone who has DTV and lives in the Phila area will not be able to see their games. I am thankful for the Mets, but the wife is a huge Phillies fan.

For what it is worth, my local channels (ABE, NBC, etc) are NY.

Thanks in advance
Joe

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...