Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network today!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   obermi

obermi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:44 AM

I'm getting the Dish Network today! Hope I'm going to be happy. Switched from Cox Communications to Dish because of the DVR's I'm getting with Dish. Cox's will only give customers one DVR (50 Hours Recording) per family in Tulsa, Oklahoma and is charging 17.95 for the service. My Dish Network bill will be lower than Cox's and I'm even getting 4 Rooms with DVR Service and more channels.
Hope I'm going to enjoy it!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   1A12

1A12

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:06 AM

I have been a DishNetwork sub for a good while and have TWC in another house.In comparison of the two far as picture quality and reliability goes flip a coin. It changes almost daily. If I were to do it all over again I would probably go just with DishNetWork. I know people who have very poor cable providers that if I had to use I would just use an over the air antenna for my locals. All and all I enjoy satellite tv. Its sort of a hobby with me. I hope your installation goes smoothly and you enjoy your system.

#3 OFFLINE   Dish Cubfan

Dish Cubfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:17 PM

So far I would say Dish is better than cable hands down.. but I'm not sure whether it can hold a candle to the sports on DirectTV.

Directv :HR20-700;R15;2-D11s
Mitsubishi WD-65735 : 65" HDTV
Buffalo Wireless Adapter
PS3
XBOX 360
Wii
Yamaha Surround

#4 OFFLINE   new04quest

new04quest

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:07 AM

I would say the video and audio of the satellite is more superior than cable at my location. The quality of the Cable America video is very poor compare to Dish Network. Cable America customer services keep saying my pre-installed cables and my TV are the root cause of the bad reception. I am very please with the quality of the Dish Network reception. The SD and HD reception is very high quality.

As far as the services goes, both of the companies are very bad. I have to do a lot of thing myself to get my system to work.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...