Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

First No. 1 Seed Out

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:39 PM

Guess the Selection Committee really missed the pick on Louisville as a No. 4...

GO CARDS!!!!!
If you can read this, you are too close.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,795 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:37 AM

I had no problems with Washington being a #1 seed, given their regular season record and winning their conference tournament... and FYI, I am in ACC country!

But... I thought Louisville was genuinely underrated at a #4 seed, with their record.

A lot of folks point to the kid who missed 2 out of 3 free throws against Louisville, that could have put Memphis as the tourney champ for their conference and into the NCAAs... BUT if we play that game, then we have to start counting all the missed free throws in other 1-3 pt close games as "almost losses" for a lot of other teams too... point being, Louisville almost lost and probably should have lost... but they didn't... so they earned better than a #4 seed with their regular season.

I hated Wake Forest losing to West Virginia... but until tonight with the Arizona/OK St game... that game was one of the best start-to-finish games I watched so far. Though I did enjoy the NC St vs UConn game too as an ACCer.

I've blown just about every other region... but I actually have Louisville going into the final game... so while I'm rooting for ACC teams as long as they remain, I can still get at least half the title game right if Louisville keeps mashing teams.

#3 OFFLINE   sikma

sikma

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:22 AM

Washington came from a weak conference anyway...shouldn't have been a #1 seed in the first place. GO BADGERS!!!

#4 OFFLINE   JM Anthony

JM Anthony

Child of the 60's

• Gold Members
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:40 PM

I admit that I'm biased because I'm a fan of the Dawgs (my alma mattar), but they are a lot better team than they looked last night. Plus I thought Louisville played a pretty strong game. I was sad to see Duke bite the bullet as well.
John Anthony
and Gus, the 22# Wonder Cat
E* since ‘96

#5 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:20 PM

After the Arizona game the other night there is no stopping the Illini. Go Illini Go!!!

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,795 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:28 AM

After the Arizona game the other night there is no stopping the Illini. Go Illini Go!!!

I would have said that too... except I also watched the Louisville game... I think it will be VERY interesting to see both Louisville and Illinois after both essentially came back from the dead to win... Illinois was more dramatic since their comeback happened in about the final 4 minutes of the game... but both teams should be very high coming into next Saturday's game.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...