Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fox Sports Net-HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LASooner

LASooner

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:42 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/1528357

Will the games cost extra for fans?
No. FSN HD is available at no additional charge to FSN viewers with a HD set top box from their cable or satellite provider.

Will fans need anything different to get FSN HD?
If FSN HD is available in your area, you'll need a subscription to digital cable or satellite, an HD or HD-ready television set and, finally, an HD compatible tuner. Call your local cable or satellite provider to find out if FSN HD is available in your area.

Do I even have to ask if D* already has this? V*? Who is the sat provider they speak of? :nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BFG

BFG

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:43 PM

D* has it
V* and E* do not.

#3 OFFLINE   LASooner

LASooner

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:47 PM

E* do not.

Yeah I figured that one out pretty quickly :grin:

#4 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:55 PM

I thought Voom had FSN Florida HD?

#5 OFFLINE   BFG

BFG

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:02 PM

FSN Florida did do HD marlins games only for voom last season, but I dunno if that will happen again. Heck we still don't know if voom will be here during baseball.

But either way FSN florida is owned by cablevision, and that website is only for the fsn's owned by fox

#6 OFFLINE   hockeyinsd

hockeyinsd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:29 PM

D* has it
V* and E* do not.

Sorry to resurrect old threads, but I just realized that FSNW/W2 in So-Cal has some high def games, and with hockey looking to start up again this fall, I'm already looking at my options. I could not find anything on the D* website or program guide that shows any FSN HD. Only time warner cable has FSNW/W2 HD in so-cal, but I'm not in their service area. HELP!!!

#7 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:14 PM

DirecTV is now offering some FSN HDs and YES Network HD in MLB Extra Innings as well as in the local markets.

http://www.directvsp...dule/2005_6.htm

Had the YES Network HD for the Yankees yesterday here in Philly market. :)

#8 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:40 PM

That will be like some "salt on the wound" for some :sure:

#9 OFFLINE   hockeyinsd

hockeyinsd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:31 PM

DirecTV is now offering some FSN HDs and YES Network HD in MLB Extra Innings as well as in the local markets.

http://www.directvsp...dule/2005_6.htm

I'm more wondering about it for NHL hockey, local programming and the local games that FSW/FSW2 will be brodcasting in HD. http://msn.foxsports.../name/HD#FSWest

#10 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:08 PM

I'm more wondering about it for NHL hockey, local programming and the local games that FSW/FSW2 will be brodcasting in HD. http://msn.foxsports.../name/HD#FSWest

I think you will have to wait until they start broadcasting before you will get any answers. HDTV broadcasting will change this fall for both D* & E* for D* it will change because of Spaceway and for E* they will have to try and stay competetive. :)

#11 OFFLINE   BFG

BFG

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:13 PM

huzzah! they finally added the HD games to MLB EI :)

#12 OFFLINE   Jon Spackman

Jon Spackman

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:21 PM

what is the MLB EI??

#13 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:13 AM

Major League Baseball Extra Innings package. Up to 60 out of market Major League Baseball games per week.

#14 OFFLINE   hockeyinsd

hockeyinsd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:29 AM

I think you will have to wait until they start broadcasting before you will get any answers. HDTV broadcasting will change this fall for both D* & E* for D* it will change because of Spaceway and for E* they will have to try and stay competetive. :)

here is D* response:

Thanks for your interest in DIRECTV. I'm excited to hear that you're considering joining the DIRECTV family. When you join the DIRECTV family, you will experience the ultimate in digital home entertainment. Just visit our web site at http://www.directv.c...ctv/Landing.dsp for everything you need to know to get started and to find out what great new customer offer is waiting for you.

I'm sorry, but we don't carry FSN West HD and FSN West 2 HD right now. However, we often add programming based on customer requests, and I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management.

and E*:

Thank you for your e-mail. Specific information regarding your request for FOX SPORTS WEST and FOX SPORTS WEST 2 in HD is not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.

Hopefully they'll add them eventually or that NHL Center Ice will carry some!

spam firewall