Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dolan and others file against EchoStar sale

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   lazaruspup

lazaruspup

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:03 PM

while often flawwed, is the most affordable, programming and equipment wise

I hope you were talking about just the satellite industry, because I didn't have to pay anything for my Comcast Dual HD DVR. !Devil_lol
"The grass is always greener on the lawn that is watered twice daily..."

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   KingLoop

KingLoop

Custom User Title

• Gold Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:37 PM

I hope you were talking about just the satellite industry, because I didn't have to pay anything for my Comcast Dual HD DVR. !Devil_lol

Yeah but what do you get for programming and how much does it cost? I have 2 dual DVRs with AT120 plusStarz for $55/mth.
KL

#23 OFFLINE   lazaruspup

lazaruspup

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:56 PM

Yeah but what do you get for programming and how much does it cost? I have 2 dual DVRs with AT120 plusStarz for $55/mth.

Now granted you have to understand that I am in the Chicago market and it is one of Comcast's most competitive. Right now I am on a promotional for 47.99 for 12 months for Digital Silver Plus Sho. That includes all digital, basic, HD, HBO, and SHO programming. Also includes my HD DVR box rental. After the first 12 months, the programming goes up to 57.99 and I lose SHO, but that's not a big deal. If I ever wanted to add another dual HD box, it would be another $6.00 a month. So very highly competitive with satellite in this area. I also have some programming credits for taking HSI with the cable. We will begin simulcasting here soon so everything will go digital. We have all but two of our locals in HD here also. Now, that is not to say that I wouldn't drop the Comcast deal and jump on the Voom bandwagon if they got their act together. I absolutely cannot live without a dual tuner DVR though. My DirecTV is alright, but mainly for sports programming only. Their HD is just too expensive for equipment and programming for what little they offer.
"The grass is always greener on the lawn that is watered twice daily..."

#24 OFFLINE   KingLoop

KingLoop

Custom User Title

• Gold Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:27 PM

I absolutely cannot live without a dual tuner DVR though...

I agree, me either. At the end of the day it comes to this, what's going you make YOU happy. Now me for instance I love E*, might never switch to anything else, You, on the other hand have had D*, E*, and cable. If cable can make you happy then I'm happy for you. Hopefully, Voom can pull their S*** together and make its customers happy, or Charlie Ergan can buy some of their assets and make me happier. Choice is good. If we lived anywhere else we couldn't have this conversation.

Oh yeah, both prices for your comcast deal are really good.
KL

spam firewall